Imagine 21 (Part 2)

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

The next day
"So, what do you like to do when you're bored?" Carl asks. I walk over to my bag to pull out my leather journal.

"I keep an art journal. I like to go from house to house for art supplies. Anything from magazines to art sets work," I say, handing him the journal.

"Wow, (Y/N), this is amazing! You really have an eye for this stuff," he says, flipping through the pages.

"This one is my favorite." I point to the Kurt Cobain inspired page. He nods, looking it over.

"I've never actually listened to his music. A couple kids at my school liked Nirvana, but I never took the time to listen to them. I was more into rap," he smiles up at me before turning the page.

"Ew, rap," I make a face before sitting down next to him. I lean my head on his shoulder, looking at the art journal with him.

"What kind of houses do you go to when looking for this stuff?"

"Well, I got the paint at a craft store. Getting things for free is the best thing about the apocalypse," I say, causing Carl to chuckle.

"I've had this journal since I was fourteen. I try to do a page every day. This one," I say, flipping to the most recent page, "I did this morning."

"It's about this cabin?" Carl asks, running his hand over the polaroid picture I took yesterday.

"Is this mine?" He asks, pointing to my sketch of his sheriff hat.

"Uh, yeah," I blush, hoping he doesn't read the clipping of words I used to describe him.

"Sun-kissed? Heartbreaker?" He asks, laughing. I grab the art journal and throw it across the room. I lay my head down in his lap and he starts to play with my hair.

"So, what do you do?" I ask, not wanting to seem self centered.

"I read a lot of comic books. I really like the ones where the villains win. It's just different, you know?"

"Yeah, I get it. When I read, I favor the books that are "different" from stereotypical ones. The ones with unexpected plot twists are the best." I smile.

"Do you want to play uno?" I sit up, reaching for the card game that the pervious owners left.

"Sure, but let's play for something. If I win, I get to kiss you again. If you win, I get to kiss you again," Carl grins, starting to shuffle the cards.

I think I like this boy.

Later that day
"Where have you been sneaking off to?" Dad asks, hands on his hips. He glances at the polaroid photo I took of Carl.

There's no point in lying to him now.

"I've been seeing a guy," I smile, not expecting him to be upset. Dad's always wanted me to be in a relationship. His philosophy is that life is too short to wait for things.

"What's his name?" Dad asks, tapping his foot anxiously.

"Carl," I smile, thinking about last night.

"(Y/N), what's his last name?" Dad asks.

"Grimes. Why?"

"(Y/N), I've got to tell you something..."

•••
Guys! Semi-exciting news! I plan to update every other day! But that means I'll need more REQUESTS! I only have about two more, and then I'm out!