Imagine 48

For 

Carl's P.O.V.

"Mornin," (Y/N) stumbles into the kitchen, rubbing her eyes. Her cheeks are flushed, wrinkles on her face from having a good night's sleep. I turn back to my stale cereal, smiling to myself. I watch as she grabs the box of cereal from the cabinet, pouring it into one of the paper bowls. She sits her bowl down across from me, but then walks out of the kitchen. I hear her go up the stairs, and then she comes back with a magazine. 

"If you're not going to speak to me, I'm going to find something else to do," She explains, sitting down. She flips open her magazine and sits it down, and then she starts eating her cereal.

"(Y/N), how has your day been? The weather has been nice lately, hasn't it? I like dogs better than cats. What's your deepest fear? Chicken pot pies are my favorite meal-"

"Okay, I get it," (Y/N) interrupts, shutting her magazine. "My day hasn't been very long, the weather is nice, I like dogs better than cats also, my deepest fear is losing my loved ones, I think chicken pot pies are great." She smiles sarcastically, then goes back to eating her cereal. 

"Do you remember the first time you came over to my house?" I ask.

"Yeah, before the apocalypse. We ate chicken pot pies and played hide and seek in the yard. Weren't we like ten?" She smiles, and I nod.

"That's why chicken pot pies are my favorite." I watch her smile falter, and she goes back to eating her cereal.  She pops her head back up quickly, as if she just had a thought.

"Wasn't that the first time I rejected you?" She teases, but her face looks serious. I nod, hanging my head in shame. I may have not been smooth enough in the past, but I've got it down now.

We both stand up, finished with my cereal. We walk to the sink, cleaning our bowls. I squirt soap on her arm, and she starts to laugh, rubbing it on my shirt. We both face each other, looking into each other's eyes.

"Don't look at me with that... look in your eyes," She turns back to the sink, sitting the bowl down and cleaning herself off. 

She's intimidated by me. That's why she turned away. I know it's true because I read it in a magazine once.

I take her chin in my hand, tilting it so I have better access to her lips. I lean in, but instead of a kiss I get slapped in the face.

"What the hell?" I ask, holding my cheek.

"Haven't I made it obvious?" (Y/N) asks, pacing around the kitchen. "Haven't I made it clear?" She stops in front of me, throwing her hands up in the air. I look at her, confused.

"Want me to spell it out for you?" She asks.

"(Y/N), please speak english."

" F-R-I-E-N-D-S!" She yells, clapping with each letter. "I've told you thousands of times!"

"Wait, so you weren't flirting with me just a minute ago?"

"Carl," (Y/N)'s voice softens. "No, I wasn't."

"Oh my God, you probably think I'm such a loser," I facepalm, sitting down at the table.

"It's alright, I get it. Sometimes our minds want something so much that it deceives you," She smiles softly, resting her hands on the counter. "I'm going to stay at Maggie's for a while."

"(Y/N), please don't go. We both know you won't come back if you go. Please, I'm so sorry. It won't happen again," I beg, standing up.

"I'm sorry, Carl. I've already made up my mind."

- - -

Hey guys! This was based off the song "FRIENDS" by Marshmello & Anne-Marie. It's different from what I usually write, so I went with it.