Imagine 8

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.
I watch as Carl walks past, not even glancing at me. I roll my eyes and walk the other way.

Everyone in this group is so nice! Well, except for Carl. He must have got it from his mother, because his dad is really cool. I shrug, entering the prison.

"Hey, (Y/N)!" Rick calls, so I walk over to him.

"How would you feel about going on a run?" He asks, and I smile. I've always loved going on runs.

"So I'll take that as a yes?"

"Oh, sorry. Yeah!" I say, and he smiles.

"It's gonna be me, Daryl, Maggie, Glenn, you, and Carl. I know that's a lot of people, but the place we're going is pretty dangerous."

"Where are we going?" I ask, sitting by basket of vegetables on the nearby table.

"The nearby mall. The council figured that because of all the walkers, its probably not been looted yet," He says, and I nod.

"We're leaving in about an hour, so get ready," Rick says, walking away. I quickly grab the vegetables and put them in the cafeteria. I then run to my cell.

I can't wait for this run! It's not that I like killing walkers, but it's a good way to relieve stress and anger. The best part about going on the run is that you get new things.

I grab the black duffel bag Rick gave me on the last run, my extra knife, an extra pack of ammo, and my gun. I sigh, looking around to make sure I haven't forgotten anything.

I walk out of my cell and down to the prison door, exiting the building. On my walk to the gates I see Rick and Carl arguing about something. Carl storms off, and Rick puts his head in his hand, rubbing his temple.

Rick spots me and walks over, probably about to give me a lecture I've heard one time too many.

"You and Carl will be paired together on the run," he sighs, and then walks away.

Oh, wonderful.

I walk down to the car, where Maggie and Glenn are.

"Hey kiddo. You ready to roll?" Glenn asks, leaning against the hood.

"Yeah, I guess," I shrug, getting in the van. I look out of the back window of the car to see Rick, Daryl, and Carl walking our way.

Everyone gets in the van, and then we take off.

"So how far away is the mall?" Maggie asks, reading my mind.

"Eh, I'd say roughly fourteen miles?" Rick says, and Maggie nods. I look out the window, watching the leaves fall from the leaves. Hey, it must be autumn.

"Here we are," Rick says, and I look around.

Wow, this is a mall? It's pretty small. I shrug, exiting the car.

"Alright, I have a map of the mall. Daryl and I will be on the first floor. Maggie, Glenn, you guys will take the left side of the second floor. Carl, (Y/N), you guys can have the right," Rick says, and I nod. We all walk up to the mall together, but then Daryl and Rick split from us at the stairs.

We wave goodbye to Maggie and Glenn at the top of the stairs, and then we make our way to the right side.

"Hey, we get to shop for Judy!" I say, walking towards the baby store.

"(Y/N), shut up about Judith. She's not your sister, she doesn't need you to act like it," he says, and I turn around and get in his face.

"You know what, Carl? I'm tired of this attitude. I've literally done nothing to you! Oh, and you know what? While you're off pouting, I'm usually the one taking care of Judith! So yeah, I kinda think she does need me," I smirk, turning around and walking towards the store.

Carl sticks his foot in front of me, causing me to fall on the ground. I roll over only to be pinned down on the ground.

"You know, (Y/N), the only reason I have this attitude is because you don't like me," he says, and then he pauses.

"Carl, how am I supposed to like you when all you are is mean?" I say, pushing him off of me. He just kinda stands there, dumbstruck.

I stand up and brush myself off, walking into the store.

•••
Hi! This was actually a request from _fallenanqel_ . She requested it AGES ago, and yet I never wrote it. I'm sorry that it's not exactly how you wanted it, but I mean it's kinda anti-cliche? 😂✌️️