Imagine 16

*trigger warning, terribly sorry*

Carl's P.O.V.
"(Y/N)?" I call out, walking through the abandoned cellblock. I hear a muffled whimper, and I pick up my pace.

"(Y/N), baby, please answer me!" I yell, not caring if any walkers are nearby. I just need to find (Y/N).

I peek in to multiple cells, stopping when I see (Y/N) on the ground, a pool of blood surrounding her.

"(Y/N)?" I whisper, covering my mouth. Her arms are gashed, a blade in her hand.

"I'm sorry, Carl. I- Things are horrible. We just lost thirty people," she says, leaning her head back against the wall.

This is the girl I love. A little bit messy, a little bit ruined. A beautiful disaster. Just like me.

I take off my shirt and rip off the sleeve, wrapping it around her arm.

"These are too deep-"

I cut myself off, realizing she wasn't just trying to feel. She was trying to stop feeling permanently.

"I'm sorry, but I just can't live like this!" (Y/N) yells, crying into my shoulder.

"Come on, (Y/N), let's go get you cleaned up," I say, praying the cuts were less deep than I thought.

We walk back through the cellblock, through the entrance to our cellblock, and into the bathroom. (Y/N) sits on the edge of the sink while I grab the first aid kit from underneath her.

"I love you," I say, putting my hands on her thighs. Her eyes dart up to meet mine.

"I don't get it-"

"What can I do to make you understand that, (Y/N)? I'm here for you. I don't want to see you like this. I want to hear about your problems. I want to make your life better. I want to help you. Why won't you let me?" I say, my voice fading a little with every word.

"Carl, I-"

"You what, (Y/N)? You're sorry?" (Y/N) pauses for a moment, unsure of what to say.

"I'm not a broken vase, Carl! You can't just glue me back together and expect me to be fine! It doesn't work like that! I'm better off dead!"

"You're better off alive, with me. This world may be collapsing, but the only thing that matters to me is that you're still alive," I say. She winces as I start to stitch up her cuts, but that's better than her bleeding out. When I'm done, I throw the blood-soaked sleeve in the nearby trash bin, and then I help her off of the counter.

"I won't do it again," (Y/N) whispers, pulling me into a hug. I squeeze her against me, planting a kiss on the top of her head.

We run to her cell to get her a long sleeve shirt. Then we walk back to the cafeteria, just in time for the meeting.

"I called this meeting to let everyone know that we will be going to a local shopping center. Anyone who wants to come can, as long as they're not injured and know how to fire a gun," Dad says, pacing around the front of the room.

The council talked about this last night. Dad didn't want to let everyone go. His argument was that we've lost too many in the past few days. Daryl said it'd get their minds off of the ones they lost, so of course the council went along with him.

"Carl, Maggie, Carol, I'd like you guys to stay back to fight incase The Governor attacks. We plan to be back before dusk today, so anyone who wants to go, it's time," Dad says, walking out of the room. Voices immediately fill the room, and I watch as people try to decide who is going.

"I want to go," (Y/N) speaks up, leaving me at a loss for words.

"(Y/N) you're injured-"

"They don't know that, Carl. A few cuts are not going to stop me from going on this run," she says, crossing her arms.

"Okay."

"I- Okay?" (Y/N) asks. I know she expected me to say no, but this trip is for the people who lost someone. (Y/N) lost her father, someone she was really close with, so I'm not going to fight her on this one.

(Y/N) smiles, kissing me on the cheek.

"Be careful, okay? I love you," I say, standing up. I pull her in for another hug.

"Love you too," she says. She pulls her arms back, gives me a small smile, and then rushes to Daryl. Daryl nods, and I know he'll take care of her.

—time skip—

I watch the cars pull up, and I pull open the gates when they get closer. After letting all of the cars in and closing the gates back, I walk over to where they parked to find (Y/N).

"Hey, Glenn! Have you seen (Y/N)?" I ask, looking around. Everyone seems to have disappeared.

"Carl, let's go inside and sit down," Glenn says, and I follow him into the cafeteria.

"The Governor ambushed us on our way back to the prison," he says. I tilt my head to the side, confused.

"He shot up three of our cars, and (Y/N) was in one of those cars," he pauses, pulling out what looks like a locket from his pocket.

"I was able to be with her in her last moments," he says, choking, "and she asked me to give you this." He hands me the locket, and I open it to find a folded piece of paper. I open it, starting to read it.

"I'm sorry for what I put you through. You don't deserve to have to put up with me, but you still do anyways. I love you, Carl Grimes. I hope you feel the same way about me, because this is my proposal to you. I know it's different, but we've been talking about marriage for years, and I didn't want to wait any longer. I don't want to wait for this world to get better, I want to do my part in making the world better for the both of us. So, Carl Grimes, will you marry me?"

•••
Hey guys! First of all, I'm really sorry if this upset anyone. This is one of my favorite things I've written recently, so I wanted to share it with you.

Here's an update on my life, incase you were wondering why I've been so inactive:

1. I've got lots of school work and extracurricular activities this year. First it was golf, then school, and now band. Excuses, excuses, am I right?

2. I've really been trying to work on learning more about myself in the past month or two, and that's why I decided to start writing again. I was really discouraged because I knew my book wasn't going anywhere, but I decided I might as well have some fun with it.

3. I haven't been into The Walking Dead recently. I watched the first episode or two of the current season (October 2017, for future readers), and I can't seem to get into it. I'll probably wait until it's on Netflix to catch up.

Anyways, I want to be more interactive with my readers! How have you guys been? I hope you have been well! If you want to, feel free to DM me. I may take a couple of hours to get back to you, but I will eventually reply. What do you guys think of having a Q&A in this part of the chapters?

1. Which imagine of mine is your favorite? I'll try to write more like that one.

2. What could I do to make this book better?

3. What are your thoughts on having a Chandler Riggs imagine every now and then?

❗️The first two people to reply to all three questions will get a request written for them!

Love every one of you guys, and I'll see you in the next chapter!