What now?

Silence curses the class room and Miss doesn't even look at us, only the slow clock. Her face, like marble, is still and emotionless whilst each strand of hair froze still on her head. It's been at least an hour and a half of twiddling our thumbs and nervous breathing until Miss finally stands up. We all look at her with hope in our eyes, looking for any news or updates in the whole situation. But no. She leaves the room silently until we can hear sobbing.  Alarmed.
   "Why is she crying?" Ella whispers in the most timid and quiet way. We shrug. We don't know why, but we know that this shouldn't be happening.
She re-enters the room after having collected herself and come to her senses, returning to her previous position. Ella then gestures to me to ask her what is wrong. I don't want to get in trouble! But I HAVE to find out what is REALLY going on.
   "Miss?" I'm instantly paused by her.
   "Silence" she sobs "Please girls" this immediately alarmed me. "Just go to the dining hall, silently, if I hear the tiniest sound..." she can't  even finish her sentence, she just sits. But for us, we all take the opportunity to 'escape' the room to take refuge in the dining hall. But no. There is no such thing as escape. Never.
We take two steps until we are stopped by demons.
"Shhhhhhhhhhh!" They all shush us, as if we are crying babies in a cradle. But no motherly love and affection. We turn and go back to the class room with all the same thoughts in our heads, 'What now?'