2 more days - Ella's PoV

I wake up, expecting Chris to be lying beside me, feeling is warmth breathe against my skin. But he's not. I lift my head from the tiled floor of the changing room and look round for his beautiful and charming face. But it's not there! I begin to panic, shake and pant, the thought of losing the person I love makes me sick. I scurry to Megan, where she sleeps peacefully beside Billy, snoring and smiling, dreaming of possible bliss.
Dreams are the only taste of paradise we have left, I couldn't bare waking Megan from that, so I wait, thinking Chris will come back with his winning smile spread across his face. Anxiously I sit, rocking back and fourth, waiting for him to return. I feel so useless without him, he's the only one who cares, who appreciates me for a person, a human! Not a soldier to fetch supplies. I wanted to go last night, with him, to help him, aid his every need, but I can't bring myself to see one of those 'things'. I've seen them in films and on telly and they just give me the chills! I don't know how Mia went out there, and Jackson, and Charlotte! Oh poor Jackson! Mia hasn't left his side, or spoken a word, just to him. She cradled him in her arms like a baby, he's so defenceless, useless and, well nothing but a soul. But he has Mia, his protector, if it wasn't for her, Hunter would have stomped on his head, splattering guts across the UGH! I can't even imagine! Well, not forgetting Keoni, I don't understand what she sees in Hunter! Yeah, a gorgeous face but a bad attitude. All this thinking just makes me want Chris more! I can't wait any longer. I shake Megan up, awakening her from her dream.
"Ella, just ten more minutes!" She exclaims, rubbing her eyes and spooning Billy, cuddling and protecting him.
"No! Chris and Charlotte aren't back!" I cry, instantly making her more awake, waking up everyone else in the room.
"Come to think of it, Jess isn't here either." Keoni adds, growing worried over her best friend's disappearance.
"And Harry, Megan don't forget Harry." Says Billy, grabbing Megan's arm.
"They're all gone?" Asks Mia,
"Looks like it." Groans Jackson, adjusting his stump.
"No! Charlotte can't be gone! She's the closest thing we've got to a doctor!" Mia replies, panicking and trembling through each word.
"Do you think Lottie's got anything to do with it?" Asks Hunter, pulling himself up, leaning on Keoni as he becomes angry. I don't know what it is between them but, she instantly has a strange calming aura about her when it comes to Hunter, maybe that's why they love eachother? But what about me and Chris?!
"Guys! We need to find them!" I bellow.
They all instantly shush me,
"Ella! We know you're upset, and that you've lost your boyfriend but we can't attract ANY attention!" Whispers Megan, loudly and harshly, slightly agitating me.
"Why don't we just get them?" Asks Keoni.
"No, guys we need to be clever about this, we can't all go, it would be too obvious." Says Mia,
"Mia's right, there's no way we can do this without being caught." Says Jackson, being help up by Mia.
    "Guys! We should just leave them! It's what they would have wanted." Says Hunter, leaving Keoni, becoming red with rage.
    "NO!" We say,
    "Babe, I love you, but we're not leaving anyone behind. We're a family now. Get used to it." Says Keoni, pulling him back and calming him back down again.
    "No chance Hunter, we just need to hang on for two more days then we'll be off, a big family on a road trip, who knows where we'll go." Says Megan, holding onto Billy and directing every word to all of us, with such passion.
    "Exactly, we have to save them, I love Chris! And Charlotte! And Harry! And Jess! They wouldn't leave us behind, why should we? If we ask Lottie, she might know something!" I say, desperate to find the people I care about.
     "Correct!" Says a high pitched voice from the door way, instantly attracting all our attention. It's Lottie, Jake close behind her. "You want to know the truth?" She asks, making us all lean in, hungry for every bit of information. "I don't know anything about Jess or Harry but,"
Keoni releases a small cry, thinking she's lost her closest friend, but what about Chris?!
   "Ohh, Ella." She says, making me feel anxious, "About Chris." I grow with intrigue at he thought of finding out about what's happened with my boyfriend. "And Charlotte," as soon as those words escape her lips, Jake's eyes widen. "They ran away together, Charlotte told me before she got off the bus, she wanted me to tell you. Chris said so too, sorry babes."
Those words sunk my heart so deep, like at the bottom of the ocean. I feel sick. What?! Charlotte and Chris? Everyone in the room gasps, Jake breaks out in tears, a broken man. We've lost our shields, our moments of happiness, our only memories of joy. Why does Chris love Charlotte?!
The whole room is silent, apart from Jake and I, who fall to the floor and weep, weep at the betrayal of our true loves. Why? Why? Why?!