Mia PoV - The Bus

I look at Jackson awkwardly in response, the Joker abused Harley, is that a sign? No! What am I on about. This thought instantly makes me feel uncomfortable towards Jackson, but his beautiful pouty face immediately changes my mind.
   "Mia? You know where you're going?" Asks Keoni, staring for an answer at me and nodding her head. I nod back and laugh which reassures Keoni that we'll get the job done and done well. Charlotte is already sure, she has complete faith in us unlike some people.
We wait until dark, just talking, looking over them name fond memories in our mind. It's my turn, I scroll through each one like a big document in my head. Ah! Here's a good one! When we all went to summer school, the funniest days of my life. That was when I first met everyone and I was so happy. But not this. Well, at least we're still together, with a couple new comers.
Nighttime falls, the first bell of the night begins to ring, its time. Jackson wakes me up from my short nap, feeling guilty from disturbing my slumber and trying not to wake everyone else up. We're all sleeping in the changing room for tonight, safer. Jackson gives me his open hand, smiling at me.
   "You ready?" He says, smiling enthusiastically,
   "As ready as I'll ever be!" I say, scared about what's ahead. He pulls me up to his lever and kisses me on the cheek.
   "Morning gorgeous." He says, winking and clicking his tongue. I smile, pushing a strand of golden hair behind my ear as he caresses my cheek and admires each mare, each pore, each drop of moisture on my face. He smiles as he is impressed with the 'catch' he's made, making me full appreciated and wanted. We leave the room, slowly closing the door behind us and creeping towards the toilets, trying not to giggle. The coast was clear of patrolling, lying, evil, disgusting, horrifying, terrifying demons. What was I talking about? Oh yeah! I look back at Jackson to let him know the coast is clear, he nods, he can tell I'm scared so he grabs my hand and squeezes it tightly. We enter the cubicle, I have the bat in one hand, his hand in the other. We both open the window and escape the small cubicle and taste the first breaths of crisp, fresh air tickling my lungs. We leap out and can see a couple zombies limping around in the distance, my heart is racing and I can't breath the beautiful clean air anymore. I think I'm having a panic attack! I'm trying to catch my breath but I can't keep up with all of my deepest thoughts racing around my mind. Worry. Worry. Worry. He runs, thinking I'm right behind him, but it feels like I'm miles and miles away. Miles away from everything that could help me. I want my mum! Never have I wanted my mum so much! I can't feel the tears on my face, but I know they're there. My vision is blurry, I can taste blood in my mouth. Am I dying? Am I suffocating in my own thoughts! I try to ask for help, I'm screaming. Can't anyone hear me? Wait, the zombies can. No go away. PLEASE HELP ME!
They come closer to me, limping, walking, running, sprinting. What can I do? Lay on the ground? I'm not worried about the zombies eating me up, I'm worried about my thoughts, my memories, my worst nightmares eating me. Devouring and chewing on each limb. They're hungry for me, STARVING! Like, I'm in a massive NEVER ending ocean and the sharks are all closing in on me. NO -
Wait. I feel Jackson sprint towards me, him out of breath, his shield reappears around me, protecting me from everything bad. He takes the bat from me within the shield and bashes zombies' heads and the clumps of brain fly towards the shield,
   "Run!" He exclaims, leaving the shield. He leaves, making his body vulnerable to anything bad.
   "NO DON'T GO, THEY'LL TAKE YOU!" I roar, trying to make him hear me, hear my every breath from outside the field. I can't move. I'm frozen.
   "What the fuck are you doing? Run!" He says, shaking me to wake up as the zombies near us. I don't reply, I can't, I want to - but - I can't. I can't feel anything, the breeze, his breath. Nothing. Until he puts his hands underneath me and lift me up, he's running, I can just about feel him move his feet quickly beneath me, I bop up and down.
I shut my eyes and take myself to a new place.
We're on a plane, just me and Jackson. It's our honey moon! It was the perfect wedding, no sadness, no fear, no zombies. We're on our way to Turkey, where I used to go before everything happened. We're sitting by eachother, grinning because everything is so damn perfect. I've never felt so amazing. Everyone is in summer clothes and holiday smiles, fake tans and sunglasses. But us. I'm still in my beautiful wedding dress, pearly white like his teeth and the longest travail, lacey and tight. I massive vail on my head, drooped over my long golden locks, like Repunzal!? And he's there, in a tight fitted tuxedo, flowers in his pocket, a grin on his face. I'm coming back now, the running's stopped.
   "Mia! Mia?" He says, shaking me vigorously on the concrete floor. My vision's coming back and I can see his beautiful, worried smiling face. He lifts me up and embraces me, I can feel warm breaths against the hairs in the back of my neck. I gasp, back to real life now. I nod, reassuring him that I'm ok. "Right, let's get the fuck out of here!" He says, taking my hand.
   "What? No! We need to get the weapons! I can't go back and disappointed every one. They have so much faith in us!" I say, turning towards the sports block as I realise that we were somewhere I can't recognise. "Where are we?" I ask, scared. "Hold on, this looks like the school bus!" I exclaim, now noticing that we've found something bigger than weapons. AN ESCAPE!
   "Yeah, I found it in this garage kind of place. Pretty cool right?" He says, feeling chuffed and pleased with himself. He looks around, not realising the true greatness of his discovery.
   "Jackson! You do know you've found our ticket out of here! We could take all the weapons and stock them in here! THEN we can just drive away from this place, drive to somewhere safe. Away from the demons." I say, moving closer to him, wrapping my arms around the back of his neck, letting my hands swing behind his back and bringing my face so close to his face our noses touch. We both smile in relief.
   "Great job!" He says, chuckling with content and lifting me up, I wrap my legs around him as he spins and kisses me affectionately. I feel his shield surround me again, petals float around me and the air is sparkly and pink. We both smile as he leans over, I assume he leans to kiss me harder but, he just goes to put the radio on. We both laugh awkwardly as I push my hair back again. The music slowly comes on, Ed Sheeran, Thinking out Loud. I smile as he turns back and looks at me when he smiles back. It's the first sounds of music I've heard in a gas, apart from Jess and Ella's singing. He puts his hands around my waist and lifts me up, bringing me up to his face, our lips meet and collide dramatically. I can feel his lips smear my chap stick and his saliva seals the cracks between my lips. I gasp for air and begin to slowly take off my blazer as we both breath heavily, he pushes me down onto the steering wheel -
BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!
SHIT! The bus horn goes off and echos across the field.
   "Oh crap, the zombies are coming!" He exclaims as I put my jacket back on. I can hear the groans of the zombies grow as they all become closer to us.
   "Come on, let's get out of here!" I say, trying to drag him off of the bus.
   "Not a chance of that happening." He replies, feeling defeated. I begin to cry, weep, sob. I could flood the whole ocean with my tears. "Not giving up yet." He continues, he grabs the wheel and pushes down on the pedal. He speeds out of the garage, hands firm on the wheel and looking for clear path ways. We're so fast that the zombies just go past as a blur. A dead, dead blur.
As we go through the crowd of walking corpses, their heads splatter against the window screen, leaving puddles of green blood on the window as it pools on the bus. I'm excited yet revolted by our remarkable attempt of our survival. We turn left, then swirl right, race forward then reverse backwards. I feel a zing inside of me, a strange aliveness despite the fact that everything around me is dead.
We keep on driving until all of the herd was a flattened dead mush on the floor. They're all dead, well for the second time. We drive to the PE block and enter it, panting and exhilarating with life and excitement. We look at eachother as I open the door slowly, revealing the massive stock of guns, knives and bombs. A strange thirst for blood and death filled my heart.
   "I want to take everything if I'm honest." He says, holding my hand and looking at the weapons, "about before,"
   "Let's just leave it yeah? We'll take the weapons, but them on the bus, take that back to the garage then go to sleep. We'll tell the others in the morning yeah?" I ask, just wanting to get to sleep. He nods, relieving me and making me feel better. We empty a couple weapons into the bus until we get exhausted. Exhausted. I stop to catch my breath and then we get back onto the bus and drive back. Chuckling to ourselves, pleased with our discovery yet again.
We step off of the bus and smile to eachother as we walk towards the door, covered in guts.
   "Impressive!" Says a dark figure in the hallway.