Return

I check the curb of the cupboard for any demons, clear, phew! We race back into the changing room to find Megan, sitting in a bench feeding Billy a bread roll. I look at her in confusion but she looks back embarrassed.
"Err?" I groan at Megan as if to say 'way the fuck are you hand feeding a guy who broke your heart after about two hours?' but she just looked at me and laughed awkwardly.
"What? He's injured!" Megan replies as she gently shoves a bread roll in his mouth.
"Yeah, for fighting!" I continue snappily and agitated. Billy sits and looks guilty.
"He deserved it." Jackson butts into our conversation, breaking focus from Mia for a second.
"Babe!" Mia exclaims, turning his face back towards her, making him smile and stroke her cheek. Ugh. "Just leave it, everyone's abit," Mia pauses to collect herself, "flustered."
"Well I think we should leave them to eat, come on guys." I says, gesturing them towards the door. They all groan at the thought of leaving the first 'male' civilisation in 4 days. Apart from Ella, who doesn't even notice anything around her but Chris. They're so cute.
We leave the room, locking the door behind us, ensuring safety. We race to the library to reserve the comfy chairs, or in this case, beds. Yes! No ones there! We leap high and land hardly onto the chairs. We giggle and laugh but are quickly hushed by a teacher. But we still giggle. We try our best to forget about everything around us, but it's hard after finding out our parents could be dead! We all pause, looking at one another for support and something to raise the spirits. I take the chance.
   "So..." I pause to think of something, "you and Chris eh?" I say, nudging Ella with my elbow and spreading an embarrassing grin across her face and the rest of us to giggle.
   "Yeah! You're so cute!" Jess exclaims, smiling and chuckling.
   "Well what about you and Harry?" Mia asks, hugging Jess' shoulders, "You two are like perfect!"
Jess looks awkwardly around at us and blushes. But when it felt like another day, the whole mood changes when,
   "I miss Ash." She states, with a frown, looking down in bitter sadness. "Do you really think they're, dead?"
We all look, again, in shame and discomfort.
   "I don't know, but I'm sure we'll be ok. And - if they are, dead, then I'm sure they'd want us all to stick together and survive, ok?" I reply, with a question. This lifts people's spirits, the tiniest bit.
   "Guys, what about Keoni? Do you think she might be -" she pauses to swallow a big gulp "dead?"
   "I think we've found the perfect reason to use -" I pause and lean into the huddle, "the phone." They all nod.
   "Do you think she is?" Asks Mia, concerned about my answer.
   "Guys, let's face it. I know I've always been the cheery bubbly one, but the truth is probably that everyone we love, we'll never meet again. Chris says so, but he says we'll be ok." Ella replies confident yet disappointed with the honest answer.
   "Yeah, Chris and Ella are right. Let's call Keoni's family, it's what she would've wanted." Megan continues, between each sob and hugging everyone in a warming group hug.
We walk to the toilet cubical as if we are walking to prison. We open the door, depressed and low. I take the phone from behind the toilet and press the home button.
Swipe to unlock.
I swipe.
Enter pin code.
I tap in the numbers 1234.
Megan, Mia and Ella are all watching eagerly as I open the phone to our one phone call.
   "Guys!" Says Jess, breathless and in shock. We all immediately shush her. "Guys!"
   "Ugh, what?" Mia replies as she turn to the window behind Jess. They're frozen statues.
Jess raises her finger and points at the window. Speechless. Apart from one word.
   "Look"