2 more days - continued

I walk away from his body, with the shell of an empty gun in my hand and face the double doors. I want to look back, but I can't, the guilt can kill me. The double doors swing open and I rush over to the supplies cupboard, shoving small pistols into my blazer and a big rifle in my hands. This should do. There are some knives that I could take but I never want to have to be that close to a zombie ever again to kill it. And it would rip through my blazer - my only source of warmth and armour; it's funny to think how just a couple weeks ago I loathed this blazer so much but now is a fond companion. I check he coast for teachers - all clear - I leap into action as I run back to the doors. What am I going to do? I could barely survive with Chris, never mind - without - him. I'm panting with fear, so scared I just freeze, my hand so close to the handle bar. But. But I just can push the doors back open.
Just do it.
For Mum.
For Dad.
For Jake.
That is if any of them are still alive.
I take a deep breath and go, silently opening the door, trying not to attract attention. There are one or two zombies that I might be able to just sneak past, but just in case, I'll take back my screw driver rather than wasting bullets.
Walking back to Chris' corpse, I'm building up the courage in my heart to look him in the eyes again. Oh God. Trembling, I crouch down to his body and carefully take the screw driver from his grip with his eyes empty and skin freezing cold. I have it, the weapon lies relaxed in my hands as I stand from his body.
All of a sudden, I feel a grip around my ankle. WHAT THE FUCK?! I look down with wide eyes to see that's its the zombie of Chris, grabbing onto my ankle, I begin to panic, trying not to lure zombies towards me. Vigorously, I shake my leg, breaking off his arm from his shoulder socket.
   "Fuck - fuck - fuck!" I loudly whisper, trying to break its grip from my leg. His body crawls towards me, hungry for my flesh and the gun shot in his head attracting my attention. I'm so confused. 'Just kill him, you killed him when he was human, you can kill him as a zombie' I think to myself and with one swift move I shove the screw driver into his head, where the crunch of his skull echoes in my ears.
Looking up I notice all the zombies are gone and I'm just standing alone in a field of nothing. I run towards the garage, raging with anger and confusion. I reach the garage where a big steel door stands before me.
BANG BANG BANG
I go against the door, bashing my fists against the steel. It opens, revealing Jake, in shock.
   "Charlotte, you're alive!" He exclaims, smiling with excitement.
   "What did you just say?" Lottie continues,
   "He said I'm alive, no thanks to you." I reply. She tries to talk but I'm not patient. "Are you fucking insane?! You almost killed me, and you DID kill Chris."
   "Oh well, he was annoying me with all his soppiness, and he bores me." She says, as if we're only here for her entertainment.
   "Wait, Chris is dead?" Says Jake, almost in tears, broken.
   "Oh, someone's getting mouthy. Yes he's alive you idiot." She adds. Jake just stands there, emotionless. Beaten.
   "Look what you've done to him, he used to be so happy, so full of life and now, he's just another piece in your game of chess." I say, growing more and more furious.
   "You're just jealous that he loves me more than you." She replies, in a childish manner.
   "Just shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! You're both acting as though this is the important thing, not the fact that a good innocent person has just died a horrible death." He shouts, temper lost.
   "I'm sorry Jake but I can't cope seeing you like this, without you I feel a hole in, my heart." I say, making a small smile on his face.
   "Enough of this! You were meant to die. How? How did you survive!?" She exclaims.
   "Chris saved me and was bitten in the process, I tried to save him but he insisted on my shooting him." I explain, but am quickly interrupted.
   "Oh what a good best friend, 'sorry I killed your boyfriend after he saved me, oops!" Say Lottie, sarcastically.
   "Let her talk Lottie." Demands Jake, making a Lottie roll her eyes.
   "Thankyou Jake, I shot him in the head, got supplies and when I came back he was a zombie. that's why I'm so confused! He was dead, how can you become dead when you're already dead?" I continue to explain.
   "Is it like The Walking Dead?" Asks Jake.
   "No one asked for your opinion." Says Lottie,
   "I shouldn't have to be asked." He replies, fiery.
   "What do you mean, Jake?" I ask.
   "In the Walking Dead, people turn from the atmosphere, even when they're dead." He explains, making everything a shit more scary and a shit more unreal.
   "We need to tell the others." I say, desperate to see my friends.
   "Ugh fine!  Ur first, hand over the weapons." She says, as I hand over all the guns, but not my screw driver. She takes all of them and puts them back onto the bus.
   "I'm not your fucking puppet anymore, Lottie. After this, I'm staying with them." Declares Jake with rage pulsing through his body, taking my hand and squeezing it.