Charlotte's PoV - The stump

"We only have a little time before Lottie comes back." Says Jackson, laying flat on the floor, not wanting to move unless the bleeding starts again. Which is right.
"I'm no doctor but he needs some bandages." Says Billy, surprising me with his knowledge. "I'll get them!" He says, rushing to the door, we all drag him back and stop him.
"No silly! You can't go!" Says Megan, stroking his cheek and giggling with him.
"Oh yeah!" He exclaims, laughing at himself and placing his hand on top of Megan's.
"I'll get them." Says Jess with a serious look on her face. I nod back at her and return to Jackson, Mia kneeling close, conscious of his survival. I keep the tie tight around his arm to stop the bleeding and wait anxiously for Jess to return with bandages. Jackson keeps his eyes on Mia and holds her hand tightly and tries to get his breath back. Hunter can't even look at us with Keoni keeping him away from the body. Billy sits on the bench begins tapping his knees,
   "Do you play the drums?" Asks, Megan, bopping her head to the beat he makes against his school trousers. He awkwardly nods, blushing and flashing a subtle smile. "I love music!" Megan continues chatting with him about the Beatles and 21 Pilots. Keoni tries to talk to Hunter but refuses to forgive her for supporting her friends, what a prat. Then Harry sits its in the corner as per usual, nervously waiting for his other half, his beloved Jess.
Speaking of which, Jess slowly creaks open the door and peeps her head between the crack, bandages in her hand.
   "It wasn't easy but I got it." She says, sighing from exhaustion and kneeling down to me, like my assistant surgeon.
   "Do you know what your doing?" Asks Mia, holding me back before I apply the bandages. I can't tell her the truth; she can't know that I haven't a clue what I'm doing! I need to get on with it, otherwise her true love will die.
   "Yeah!" I say, breaking a sweat. I lean down, unravelling the wind of bandages around my fingers, preparing myself to touch the wound again. It's clean from the antiseptic spray, so just one more step.
Right, I place the end of the strip onto the stump and begin to breathe deeply, he growls in pain when ever I touch the stump and and cry breaks from Mia, unbearably seeing Jackson in such pain. I try to do it as quickly as possible to end the suffering quicker.
Done. A sigh of relief escapes his mouth and he smiles at Mia but she reluctantly hugs him, not wanting to be covered in blood. We all turn to see him on the floor, recovering slowly yet smiling in pain.
   "Now please, Lottie can't see me here or she'll kill you." Says Jackson, reaching up to Mia, tearing up in pain. She shakes her head violently,
   "No! You need to recover!" Exclaims Mia, holding him gently in her arms like a baby.
   "Look, I don't want anything bad to happen to Jackson but, if Lottie finds out we saved him, she'll freak!" Says Keoni, holding onto Hunter, letting him know she's supporting both sides, spreading a small smile across his face.
   "He won't recover by himself!" Says Billy, leaving Megan's beloved company and the bench.
   "Lottie can kill me, she can do what she likes! But I love you too much to let you die." Says Mia, tearing up and holding Jackson up to her face.
   "Guys!" Says Ella, frozen in the position pointing to the door.
   "What?!" We all ask, trying to sort out one thing at a time. We all turn our heads away from the situation and follow her bony finger to the door, where Lottie stands strong, supported by my boyfriend, Jake.
All I want to do is run over to him and kiss him but, Lottie would shoot me if I kissed 'her' boyfriend. I glare evilly at Lottie, where she smirks at my agitation. I can feel myself turning red in the face from my deep anger, I clench my fists and smile, disguising my true feelings.
   "Impressive!" She says, slowly walking in and Jake following after her.
   "I watched you die!" He exclaims, rushing over to Jackson and hugging him with all the happiness he thought he lost. They're best friends, like brothers and probably the only people they have left. What I would do to see my brothers now, yeah they drove me insane but, that is their job. Well was.
I begin to weep, realising that I've lost everything I truly cared about, apart from my best friends I guess, but each day I still have to watch them fall apart at the seams as the death wave slowly crushes and tears them apart limb by limb. It's a life long torture which I can't end, no matter how much I try! Saving Jackson, not enough. Finding love, not enough. Protecting my friends, definitely not enough. I feel so unfulfilled, so useless, like if I disappeared, I'd just be another killing walker. At least I'll finally fit in somewhere.
   "You saved him?" Asks Jake, staring deeply into my eyes filled with such joy, surprise and love, giving me the first taste of purpose. I nod, rubbing my neck awkwardly and roll my eyes.
   "Yes, and I'm glad. We need someone who knows their way around medicine and preparing injuries. Charlotte, I guess you're now one step further from being shot, in my book." Says Lottie, with an impressed smile on her face and shrugging her dainty shoulders. Jake stands up and takes my hand, running it though his fingers, instantly agitating Lottie. He mouthes the words, 'I miss you' and I just smile, feeling so fulfilled and exhilarated.
   "Come here 'babe' I want a kiss." Says Lottie, glaring at me and dragging him back to her, under her spell. She pulls him down and kisses him passionately, not taking her eyes off mine. Once she's bored, she pushes him away, leaving him feeling used. No way, I'm not letting that BITCH use MY boyfriend like that.
   "Lottie, I'm sick of you using us for your shitty little game." I bellow from across the room, glaring into her soul with an intense hatred. She waits for me to finish, then pauses, chuckling to herself.
   "I'm not playing a game sweet heart, I'm playing survival, and in order to do that, I need all of you. You've got it all planned. We've got 3 days 'til we all end up with bullets penetrating us, killing us instantly. Now, we're getting back to work. Charlotte, now that you've had your little tantrum, I want you and Chris to work tonight, Mia and Billy to get food and Jess with Harry for medical supplies." She then strolls out, stringing Jake after her. Jess and Harry sigh in relief that they can finally get some time together. Keoni sighs too, glad that her and Hunter aren't being separated to collect the supplies by our new 'boss'. Bitch. Ella turns to Chris and whimpers , breaking out in a stream of tear and holds onto his school shirt.
   "I'll be fine, I promise." He says, holding up her chin and kissing her lips softly.
   "Whose going to look after Jackson?" Asks Mia, panicked.
   "We will." Says Keoni,
   "Leave you and the guy who tried to kill him alone with my boyfriend? Yeah right." Mia sasses, looking them up and down,
   "I can do it." Says Ella, looking intensely at his stump, trying to get over the fact that blood makes her dizzy. She nods reluctantly and Mia smiles in pity. In order for this to work we need to cooperate. We're all shaken from Jackson's arrival but it's late, so we decide to go to sleep, preparing us for Lottie's night shift.