Jake's Pov - The feast

The garage door slowly opens wide as we drive through it with caution trying to be aware of any zombie in sight. I look both wa - oh shit. There is a massive herd of zombies, right there on my left hand side, just limping towards us. Their skin stretches barely over any muscle or tendon in their body, revealing the mouldy flesh from beneath the rotten cartilage and green blood. I'm taking deep breaths that rush through my body, every ounce of air cleanses my veins. We all gasp. I slowly press my foot on the pedal as we edge towards the PE block but Lottie has better ideas.
   "Right, Jackson, get on the roof and arm yourself, you need to be armed at the highest point." She says, nodding at Jackson, willingly with life yet death in her eyes. Jackson's terrified.
   "No! I might die!" He exclaims, shivering scared and from the nipping cold breeze. It's almost Christmas, we should all be exited, doing our Christmas shopping in town, preparing Christmas dinners etc. But instead, I'm building up the courage to drive through a herd of zombies. I can hear them bickering: 'you're such a wuss' - 'I'm not you're boyfriend' and it all just replays in my mind as the zombies near us, freezing me on the spot. I can just about force words from my thick lips as a provide them with moisture.
   "Guys!" I exclaim as I slowly turn towards them giving them a nervous look with heavy horror and dread in my eyes. They all slowly realise the distance from them. "We have to think of a plan, why don't we just take the quiet route, slowly drive to the PE block, not attracting the zombies or teachers -" I say but I'm interrupted by Jackson,
   "No offence mate but we don't have the time."
   "No. Jake's right. If we make too much noise then more zombies might come from town and the teachers would notice too, getting us in deep trouble." She says, rubbing my shoulder in pride.
   "No but I'll stay on the roof, make sure you two are safe if they try ya know," he says, imitating a zombie munching on our bones. Me and Lottie both nod at the idea, I think for once we're all getting along, reassuring me that maybe we'll all be fine. Jackson slowly goes upstairs and goes through the roof fire escape where he took a machine gun up with him. I can tell he's terrified, but doesn't show it. I drive slowly and steadily, remembering the small lessons my dad would give me, spreading a smile across my face. But then I realise the whole situation. Damn, that was the nicest moment I've had since I left Charlotte, I click my fingers in annoyance. We go forward at a slow pace with my hands firm on the wheel and the zombies get closer. We're at the PE block and I sigh in exhaustion and relief. Lottie gestures me out of the bus but stays in the lounging position at the back of the bus wistfully unaware of anything but herself, selfish bitch. As I leave the bus, I look up at Jackson for reassurance and he nods, giving me the sign that I was protecting, not by him, but by the gun. It's firm in his grasp, with a band around his neck with a bad ass look on his face as his hair flows in the wind, revealing his glaring eyes, skimming over the city. I enter the block, the coast is clear. I run towards a massive cupboard in the corner and smile in relief. I swing the doors open and they release a squeak, I enter, grabbing blades and hand held killers in my hands. I have four knives and three guns I think in my grasp, resting inside my cradle. I race out of the PE block - shit. They're outside. I open the door the tiniest bit but a zombie just glared at me straight in the eyes with a deathly glare. I'm sweating in fear, why isn't Jackson doing anything? I try to scream for help but I doubt he can hear me over the groans of the zombies. I bashing my fists against the door, dropping the weapons, I'm not giving up. I've done all this shit to get to Charlotte, to give up now is suicide of love. I kick the door open and prepare myself for a feast, I'm the banquet. They all just groan and look at me with hunger in their eyes. I'm so scared. I can't make any noise, and I can't shoot a gun, yet, so I swing my blades and bury them into the brains of the dead, blood splashes onto my face as I jerk myself back in disgust. But I continue as I swish my hair from my face, giving me a wider perspective of every single zombie before me. I gasp but I carry on with my killing spree, killing these monsters even more. I see a path revealed to me, so I head back and cradle the weapons in my arms and sprint back to the bus, panting, thankful for every breath I take. Lottie's in the driver's seat with an evil smirk on her fade, proud of me. She violently drives off, swirling us round and round, knocking Jackson off of the roof. But we race away. I run upstairs to take the machine gun from the roof, realising he had fallen into the herd, dying instantly. I gasp in shock and fear. I race back downstairs, seeing Lottie unfazed by the whole situation. We enter the garage, not saying a word to eachother. She gives me a sympathetic look as she realises how close me and Jackson are, were. Tears flood my eyes but I hold them back as Lottie embraces and reassures me. I lump grows in my throat and me head starts to whirl. I can barely breathe. She nods as she holds her hands on my cheeks and smiles, immediately comforting me. But I still feel awful, loses such a close friends to something that's already dead.