CHAPTER 1

Finally.. I've been waiting for this for a long time and finally here we are!!
I decided to start off with Jiah's POV cause you know, 'ladies first'.. 💅💪

As this is my first chapter, I'd like to dedicate this to the creator of my cover, who has added a spark to my book, girlstar_2222..

Thanks for the awesome cover!!

Enjoy!!

~~CHAPTER 1: JIAH~~
Song suggestion| Desi Girl
Song suggestion| Desi Boyz

Jiah's POV:

I take a deep breath of the warm, moist air that India has to offer. The climate was a sudden change from ghe rain and hail I was facing back home in Melbourne.

My family and I stood in front of a big sign that said 'ARRIVALS' waiting to be picked up by my cousin, Simran's car. A black BMW pulled over and a man with a white sherwani and a stubby beard got out of the drivers seat, Simran's dad and my uncle, Raman.

He gave us all a warm welcome by greeting us with a smile and giving everyone of us a quick hug. By us I mean; my mum Anita, my sister Anjali and me. My dad, Anil, had stayed back as he had a business to America coming up, so he decided to catch up with us later.

I didn't really want to attend the wedding but I had no choice. So here I am wrecking one week of my life. Well this better be worth it.

《●■♡■●》

I look into the mirror and see a oliveskinned girl with waist length auburn hair and eyes. The girl I know as me, Jiah Kapoor, all dressed up in a baby pink, almost beige anarkali. But beyond the pretty hair, clothes, jewellery, there was something missing, a smile. I had forgotten to smile ever since I got here.

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on my door, "Jiah, are you coming or not? It's not your wedding, you know?" I could recognise that annoying voice anywhere, Anjali. "I know, I know. I'm coming, wait will you?"

I was given the job of helping the decorators. Whilst Anjali got to help the chefs with the confectionery, I was stuck sorting through flowers. There were three types of flowers that I had to sort through and make a combination of; violets, red and white roses for the engagement ceremony this evening.

《●■♡■●》

I took the basket of flowers that I had organised to where the decorators were working. I reach the veranda which was going to be used to get everything ready for the ceremony before it was to be shifted to the engagement hall, but it was completely empty. I turn around and start walking back with my head bowed, wondering where they had gone when....

I slip on a bit of water and lose control of the basket which goes flying but just then... A strong arm goes around my waist and pulls me up. I stand there with my hands rsting on his shoulders, my head bowed once again, the flowers start pouring down onto both of us so I tilt my head and lift my eyes from his chest to his face in order to see my saviour.

I had never seen him in my whole life.

We hold one another's gaze for a couple of moments until...

"Ooo.."

'Not again' I thought in my head. And that's when it happened, the most embarrassing and awkward moment of my whole life. It eas nothing like anything I could even dream of.