CHAPTER 23

So here it is the much awaited chapter. I've been yearning to write this.

WARNING:
the upcoming content is extremely heartwrenching and emotional so read at your own risk.

~~CHAPTER 23: ANJALI'S LETTER~~
Song suggestion|Ek Hazaron Mein Meri     Behna Hai

Anjali's letter:

To my dearest sister Jiah,
we have been through a lot together. We've seen our parents fight, we've seen our family tearing apart, but we've always stood by eachother even though since the past couple of years, we've drifted apart.

Well let me rephrase that, you always stood by me. As a kid, I was always the 'sick one', but you and mum always took care of me and made me smile.

Sadly, I couldn't do the same when you got sick today.. I couldn't do anything. I couldn’t fulfill my duty as a sister. I'm sorry..

You might remember the day mum and dad bought me home?

I faintly remember that day, but it was the best day of my life, you know why? Because I got a family that day and you guys have all made me what I am today, you gave me a name, a identity.

What more could I ask for?

I never gave you time, I always wanted mummy and papa to myself, I was selfish and jealous of you that I forgot they love us the same.

Probably that's why we talked very little over these 15 years we have been together.

But now I want to make up for it.

But you are going to leave me both ways, if you wake up, you'll marry Armaan jiju and separate me from your life and if you die then...

But you can't die before me, you don't deserve it.

I do for treating you like a worthless piece of trash. I deserve to die.

If you don't wake up, then I'll join you in God's home, and if you wake up, then when you read this letter, we'll get to say a goodbye.

Deal?

Jiah di, I wanted to tell you that Armaan jiju is the person who God made for you. You two are meant to be.

He's very sweet and I like being his saali. If you get married to anyone else then I'll leave even quicker and that's a promise.

If I found someone like him, I'd never let him go, I mean why would you? He's so sweet, caring, intelligent, and he's my jiju so beware.

Saali, saali hoti hai, adhi gharwali hoti hai.

Now, I know this will be a little too much for you to handle but please try and understand what I'm about to say.

I've kept a secret from you. Four years back, I was diagnosed with a type of blood cancer called leukemia.

You might not know, but that's the reason I went to Auckland. It's because they have some of the best machines for treatment and some of the best doctors.