CHAPTER 13

Ok guys, this is a major chapter.

I don't wanna wreck it so read it instead of listening to my rant, just go ahead.

~~CHAPTER 13: THE RECEPTION~~
SIMRAJ
Song suggestion|Mere Rubaru Tu Hi Tu

Jiah's POV:

I was by Simran's side basically the whole night as guests came to the stage to wish the couple happily married life and gave them presents for the beginning of their new life together.

As Armaan was on Raj's side, we kept exchanging glances, and each time I did, I noticed that he was biting his lower lip as if he was nervous about something.

But what?

Before my mind could progress any further, a hand fell to mine as it dragged me to the other side of the curtain which was set behind the royal bride and groom chairs.

I was dumbfounded as fingers lingered over my lips, covering every inch of them as the familiar face of Armaan's came into view.

One of my hands encircled his wrist as the other was placed on the forearm of his other arm.

I looked at him quizzically.

"Come with me"

《●■♡■●》

I was dragged through a crowd of youngsters teasing Raj and Simran, uncles and aunties carrying on with their desi talk, and people who knew nothing but how to show off, all the time with one of Armaan's hands on my forearm, and the other softly touching my waist.

People turned to look at us as if we were people who escaped from a mental asylum.

As they did so, soft music started playing in the backdrop of the scenario.

Barish Ke Paani Mein
Kaagaz Ki Naam Tu
Ya Takti Doop Mein
Fursat Ki Chahon Tu

The grip of his hand started tightening around my fragile skin.

His feet came to a sudden stop and following him, I too halted in my position.

He turned to look back at me as the lyrics rang out,

Aksar Meri Baaton Mein
Chup Kar Hasti Ae Tu
Tujh Se Hai Rooh Judi
Mujh Mein Hai Baasti Tu

Our eyes were locked but were soon disturbed by

"Ahemm...."

We shake ourselves awake as I see a man and woman around my parents age, standing cross-armed in front of us.

Mere Rubaru Tu Hi Tu
Tu Hi Tu..

"So this is why you called us here?" the woman broke out in a stern voice as Armaan bowed his head, looking around to see no one near the small table at the other end of the garden from where the reception was taking place.

Mere Rubaru Tu Hi Tu
Tu Hi Tu..

The lyrics were still easy to make out. They were so deep and meaningful..