CHAPTER 59

Last chapter.

YAY!!

~~CHAPTER 59: JIAH'S LIFE~~
Song suggestion|Tere Naam Humne Kiya Hai

6 months later:

Third person's POV:

Jiah cradled Jahaan in her arms, trying to ease his fever as she walked by the living room. Overhearing a few hushed voices, Jiah walked towards the grand living room of Armiah, Armaan and her home.

"We should get her married" said a hesitant female voice,

"It's not a bad idea" said another.

"But I don't think she'll agree" the only male voice audible said.

Jiah looking beyond the wall now came in front of the four people who were whispering to each other.

"I don't agree" she said, trying to stop her voice from cracking in front of her a elders.

"But.." Jiah's mum, Anita tried to argue but Jiah simply just showed her palm signalling to stop speaking.

"I'm not getting married to anyone" she concluded before turning to leave, her son on in her arms.

As she saw her father-in-law Prem was about to make a comment, she finished off with her speech,

"It is written in books, it is taught to us as kids, it is preached in everything we watch, it's what I have been told. Love only happens once and I was lucky enough to experience it. I love Armaan, and he loved me, that's all I know. As long as he resides in my heart, no one else can even come knocking."

"Jiah, life isn't a game. You have your whole life in front of you, how will you get thro-" Nisha, Jiah's mother-in-law tried to propose.

Nisha remembered the day Armaan had talked about his death.

Flashback:

"

You'll never stop treating me like a kid will you, ma?"

She pulls my ears and says in the most motherly way possible, something that could melt even a stone statues' heart, "a child is always a child for their parents, no matter how old they are."

She continues, as she chokes back tears, "you'll realise this the day your children grow up and stand infront of you," she finishes caressing my cheek as I lean into her touch.

"What if I won't be around then?" I ask out of the blue and catch her at the weakest emotional point possible for a mother, "what do you mean?"

"I was just joking, ma, you take things so seriously" I explain planting a soft kiss on her forehead.

  Flashback ends.

"It's my life. Armaan has given me the biggest gift a husband can give to a wife. He has made me a mother. He gave me Jahaan. Yes, I'm a widow, but for the rest of my life, Armaan's memories and Jahaan will be the only two reasons I'll try to live every day. And that's an end to that."

Without another word, Jiah left the living room, leaving the four in a shaken state. Teary eyed, Jiah closed the lock on her door and fell to the ground, her head resting on the door behind her, her son clutched possessively to her chest and tears dispersing from her eyes.