CHAPTER 32

Here we go..

~~CHAPTER 32: R.I.P. AKASH~~
Song suggestion|Sanam Re

Jiah's POV:

"Exactly. You can't change the past" a warm, deep, masculine voice sounded out.

I scanned the room to find Armaan looking down at me from beside the door, "you can't change the past, but you can change the future"

I looked at him questioning his words until he turned his head towards a picture of Akash over the fireplace, "friends can't be replaced, I know, but don't you think you're not making his afterlife harder by blaming yourself for something that was merely a accident?"

Mrs. Malhotra got to her feet and after passing me a reassuring smile, moved out of the room, leaving me alone with Armaan.

"They say that the person who forgives is bigger than the person who asks for an apology, learn to forgive yourself, this time, this life will never be in front of you with its arms stretched out just for you" he said cupping my cheeks as I cried harder.

I felt he was resisting the urge to hug me due to my discomfort, but he embraced me anyways.

Why, with him, do I feel like that everything is going to be okay, I'm going to be okay, we're going to be okay?

He pulls away and looks everywhere but me as I analyse his beautiful face that had streaks of tears left behind. He was crying? Why?

He pats my back, "do you want to talk?" I nod in positive as he crosses his legs on the floor as he had earlier been sitting on his knees.

I slowly started expressing my feelings,

"Akash was my bestest and oldest friend, but I never had feelings for him. I loved him, yes, but as a friend, nothing more, and I feel, that's the same spot I took in his heart. He was a gem of a person, always happy and kindhearted. Today is the day that marks two years since he left me" tears stream down my face as I remember the date it is today and what happened on the original day itself.

"If today is his deathday, why didn't you say so?" I looked at him confused, deathday? "We should celebrate!"

"How dare you? He's no more yet you can't stop pesking him in his grave?"

he laughed his laugh which as always was music to my ears, "you think we're going to celebrate his death?" he laughed harder clutching his stomach as I warned, "watch it" before he resumed speaking, "I meant we're going to be celebrating his life, do something that he loved as a tribute. I bet being such a great friend, he deserved at least this" I smiled through my tears at him being so wise.

"What was his favourite pass time?" 

"Umm... he always liked going on bike rides? He really was fascinated by them" I smiled wider remembering how he introduced his bike as if it was his girlfriend.

《●■♡■●》

The wind slashed through my hair as I sat in the backseat of the Honda G7630 with Armaan driving. 

Doing this one simple thing took me close to Akash. I imagined Armaan being Akash and murmured a simple "I love you" tightening my hold on him.

《●■♡■●》

Armaan's POV:

YAY!!

She finally admitted it.

But the thing is I am still unsure who that confession was for, me or Akash?

Well, she's hugging me, so it's gotta be, you guessed it, me!

I smiled increasing the speed of the bike matching my heartbeat.

Things have taken a turn.

《●■♡■●》

Third person's POV:

"Will you marry me?"

he asks kneeling down in front of her,

"No!"

her voice sounded in his ears as tears threatened to fall out,

"Why not?"

"Because...."

"Because....?"

Thinking of what to say after she rejected his proposal, Jiah thought to herself, coming up with a good enough reason. 

"Because... I love Akash, not you" his face fell at that.

"So you mean everything between us was just a charade? How could you do this?" Armaan asked shaking Jiah by the shoulders.

She pushed him away before retrieving to her bedroom and nestling up in the cozy bed to let some tears out. 

She didn't love Akash but she had to say that so he would leave her alone. Pulling her out of her thoughts, she was interrupted by a knock at the door. 

"Jiah, I'm not here to pester you or anything, but.. I just wanted to say goodbye. I hope this is our final goodbye because I can no longer chase you. I'm tired. But just remember, I will always wait for you, no matter what."

Following that, she heard footsteps inch away from the door. She jumped to her feet and ran after him. He was still outside the house tying his shoelaces, Seeing her come, he stood up and looked at her as if she was some psychopath.

She stood there for a moment before running into his arms, leaving him totally surprised, yet he too, returned the hug with just as much enthusiasm.

"I'm sorry" she whispered, "Shhh..." he quietened.

"I knew you love me. Now, have any plans on becoming my wife?" he said looking into her eyes with his being puppy dog eyes. SOOO CUTE!!

Unable to resist his cuteness, Jiah nodded and replied in a silent "yes" as he chuckled seeing her crimson red state, before puling her to his chest once again.

《●■♡■●》

The day ended with Armaan and Jiah lighting a candle in front of Akash's picture frame. 

《●■♡■●》

Unknown POV: 

How can she kill him and be so happy?

She took away everything I had and you think I will let her go?

Well, Jiah, it's time to face your consequences.

This is for taking MY Akash!!

R.I.P. AKASH
_____________________________________________
Hindi dictionary:

_____________________________________________

Okay, I know, short chapter. Sorry.

But hey, they're getting married and may Akash's soul rest in peace. Amen.

So did you like it?

And, who's this new enemy of Jiah's?

We'll soon find out!

Don't worry, the book isn't going to end, I haven't even started. The real story starts now.