Hiccstrid// Part 2

*edited*
"Where are you going?" Heather leaned in the bed post. She smirked, knowing exactly what was going on, but wanting Astrid to admit it herself.
"Out," Astrid said simply. She glanced at Heather. "Oh never mind, you know where I'm going."
Astrid let her hair out of her braid, letting it flow down her back in small waves of waist length hair. She changed into a blue short sleeves shirt and a wavy blue skirt. She struggled to find the strands of hair that would hold her hair back from her face.
Heather took pity on her and moved from her previous position to a position right behind Astrid. Heather easily plucked the small elastic and tied her hair. "With Hiccup," Heather sang.
Astrid blushed at this and turned away. I mean sure she knew about Hiccup and her relationship, but she was not entirely sure if she was ready for the hurricane. The hurricane by the name of Heather, who, no doubt, would tease them to no end. I mean, Heather had already come up with a ship name, Hiccstrid, whatever a ship name means.
     Heather clapped gleefully. "You have to tell me all about it when you get back!" Heather squealed.
Astrid turned and arched an eyebrow. She smirked and sat on the bed. "Fine, only if you tell me all about you and Fish." Astrid laid her hands in her lap and gave a cynical grin.
"What do you wanna know about us?" Heather looked down. She fiddled with her fingers and looked anywhere but Astrid's eyes.
"Oh come on, there's no need to be embarrassed. You like him, I'm pretty sure he likes you," Astrid reasoned.
"You think so?" Heather finally made the eye contact that Astrid needed to confirm her friend's feelings.
"I know so," Astrid stated. Astrid reached for Heather's hand. Grasping it she looked into her friends emerald eyes. "Look, someone, who shall remain nameless, once told me to "express you feelings, stop wasting time". Well, I'm going to pass along the same information."
     Heather let out a chuff of laughter. "Are you quoting me to me?"
Astrid opened her mouth to respond, but was cut of by a knock at the door. Heather got up and left Astird to smooth out her dress and finally walk forward to meet her Viking in shining Gronckle iron, or leather.
oOo
"Well bud, this is it," Hiccup sighed.
He adjusted his shirt. He wore a standard red tunic, but made sure that his new black armor was shined to the nines. Hiccup looked at Toohtless, waiting for his friend's opinion. Toothless warbled in approval before he licked his chest. Lastly he licked his paw and drew it over his ears and head, making his scales shine like the stars. Hiccup nodded.
"Let's go bud."
Hiccup mounted Toothless and soared the very short distance to Astrid's hut. He landed on the pad outside the door and sat tall behind his rider. Hiccup knocked on the door. Heather answered with a smile and a wink, knowing that she was mostly responsible for the set up. Hiccup's heart almost stopped when he saw her. Her blue dress accentuated her eyes perfectly.
     Hiccup held out a hand. "Milady."
     Astrid took it and climbed onto Toothless behind Hiccup. Heather waved goodbye after knowing that Astrid would expect Stormfly in prime condition and fed when she got back. Heather watched them disappear into the night sky, smiling as she thought of the happiness they would have together.

After flying into the atmosphere and seeing Arvindale's Fire, Toothless glided along the Edge. Hiccup landed him and got off in a grove of flowers. Hiccup had set up a simple, but quaint little picnic. As they ate and talked, Hiccup felt a knot forming in his stomach and a lump in his throat. He cleared his throat and stood up. Astrid stood up after him and stood in front of him, waiting for what he was going to say.
      "Astrid? Well, I'm not that great at speeches, but we, uh, we've known each other for a while," Hiccup started. "And I-I know we're only eighteen, but I love you. So, uh, will you accept this ring? As a signal that you promise to marry me when we're ready?"
     Hiccup held up a thin silver band, with a tiny blue tint. It was dainty, but beautiful. Astrid smiled and nodded vigorously. He slipped it on her finger and took her cheek, caressing her jawline. Then it happened. The knot and lump disappeared, replaced by a warm feeling that washed over him. He leaned down and pressed his lips to hers. She accepted and held onto his back and sides.
     "I love you," she whispered after breaking the kiss.

     Heather sat in Astrid's hut. Heather tapped her fingers on the bedpost. Astrid was gone for hours, and Heather was desperate to know what had happened. Heather frowned and tapped her foot as well. The door of the hut creaked open. Heather jumped up and raced downstairs to find Astrid leaning on the door frame. Her face was painted with happiness. Heather grabbed her and looked her in the eye.
     "You must tell me everything!"
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
So forgot to mention! This book has no regular updates, I'll update when I can.
Byeeeeee!