Hiccstrid// Comfort

"We're going back."
Hiccup looked at everyone evenly. Astrid smiled.
"Uh, how?" Tuffnut asked.
"He took all the dragons," Ruffnut scoffed.
A sly smirk appeared on Hiccup's face. "Not all of them."
He then turned back. Astrid turned to leave, but she heard something.
"This is my fault dad," Hiccup whispered. "If I wouldn't have tried to make peace." He broke off with a sigh.
Astrid walked up to him. Valka watched from afar as the young Valkarie walked to her son.
"Hiccup?" Astrid asked.
His eyes flickered. He looked at her with sad eyes. A stream of tears fell from his right eye.
"Don't blame yourself, if anyone's to blame, it's me." Astrid held his shoulders.
"What?"
"I was the one who told Drago about you, about Berk, about dragon training." Astrid gulped. "I was the one who made him hate you."
Then Hiccup did the unexpected. He pulled her close. He wrapped his arms around her neck.
"It's not your fault, I'm the one who tried to reason." Hiccup pulled away.
"No, it's mine." Astrid protested.
"Can we just say it's Drago's fault?" Hiccup asked.
Astrid nodded with a laugh. Hiccup's laugh faltered. Astrid looked at him with sympathetic eyes. She cupped Hiccup's cheek.
"I wish Stoick could see you now," Astrid whispered. "He'd be so proud of you.
Hiccup's eyes brightened a bit. "You think?"
Astrid kissed his cheek, tasting the salty tears. "I know. I'm proud of how you've become the chief you are."
Hiccup smiled and pulled her by her hands. He kissed her lips and savored the moment. He pulled away and his gaze hardened.
"Let's get Drago."