Astrid// Stormfly

(What if Astrid didn't go check the stables in Blindsided?)

"Ugh! I'll go check." Astrid started running.
"Astrid wait! Toothless," Hiccup ordered.
Toothless shot at the door, slamming it in Astrid's face. Astrid skidded to a halt.
"Astrid, I'm sure Fishlegs locked the doors," Hiccup assured.
"Fine," Astrid grumbled.
She took a seat next to Ruffnut. Hiccup watched as Ruffnut babbled on and on and on and on. Astrid scowled before punching Ruffnut's shoulder. Astrid glanced at Hiccup and gestured to Ruffnut. Heather smirked. Hiccup rolled his eyes and sat next to Toothless.

     Astrid glanced through the peekhole.
     "The storm is over!" She raced outside.
     Hiccup and Toothless followed slower. Heather walked out with Fishlegs.
     "Hiccup! Come quick!" Astrid's distress call scared Hiccup.
    Hiccup jumped onto Toothless. Snotlout jumped on behind Hiccup, while Fishlegs and the twins grabbed into his legs.
     Toothless screeched and took off towards the stables. Astrid was pulling open doors. Toothless crashed on the landing skid. Toothless groaned as everyone piled off of him.
     "Meatlug! Who's my little princess!" Fishlegs scratched Meatlug.
     "Hooky!" Snotlout raced towards his dragon.
     Hookfang nuzzled Snotlout.
     "Barf!"
     "Belch!"
     The twins grabbed their dragon's individual heads and rubbed them.
     Hiccup saw Astrid. She did not seem happy to see Stormfly, in fact, she seemed sad. She stood with her hand clutching her opposite arm. Hiccup walked over and gasped.
     Stormfly was laying on her side, her wing bent. Stormfly chirped and tried to stand. Hiccup started forward, but was cut off by Astrid. Astrid looked at Stormfly with worried eyes. She helped Stormfly up.
     "Hiccup, she won't fly again," Astrid sighed.
     Hiccup wanted to tell her it would be fine; however, they all had seen this case, when a dragon' swing is bent, it is never fly able.

     "Uh, Astrid? What are you doing?" Hiccup asked.
     "Stormfly's a fighter! If there is any possibility she can fly I wanna give it to her," Astrid hissed.
Stormfly lifted her wing, testing it out for mobility. Astrid patted her side comfortingly. Stormfly looked at her and chirped quietly. She raised her wing and flapped it a bit. She squawked as her wing gained strength.
Astrid's eye widened as Stormfly shot into the air. Astrid beamed with delight at her dragon's health. Stormfly landed.
"Oh! There's my girl! Back to normal!" Astrid opened her arms as Stormfly laid her muzzle in her arms.
"Back to normal."