RTTE S6 COUNTDOWN// Telling Berk

~Day 3~
"Hey Astrid, can I talk to you?" Hiccup asked.
The two were in the Clubhouse. All the riders were there, but each in a different corner. Astrid walked over to Hiccup.
"Sure, what's up?" Astrid asked.
"Do you realize that we have to tell all of Berk?" Hiccup said with dread.
Astrid looked at him, shocked. "Wait, what? When did this become a law?"
Hiccup rubbed the back of his neck. He mumbled something. Astrid looked very unamused.
"Okay, it's a law since my dad made it one a few months ago." Hiccup sat on the edge of the fireplace.
Astrid sat next to him. "Well, he's the chief, looks like you can't get out of it."
Hiccup nodded. "Alright gang! Mount up, were visiting Berk."

Berk was buzzing. Everyone knew that Stoick had made it a law that once a couple exchanged their betrothal gifts they must tell the whole town. The crowd waited in the Great Hall, anxious to see if Hiccup had asked Astrid. Cheers erupted when Astrid and Hiccup walked in. The cheers died when they saw Astrid and Hiccup were not in any physical contact.
"People of Berk!" Stoick boomed. "My son has a very important announcement!"
Hiccup stepped forward awkwardly. "Hi-hi, um, well I know why you all came. And um, I just wanted to say that you all were right."
Silence followed. Vikings could be very dense, especially the Hooligan Tribe. Astrid sighed and walked up next to him. She allowed him to wrap and arm around her waist. The Vikings erupted in cheers. Astrid smiled and wrapped her arm around Hiccup. Her head rested on Hiccup's chest as the cheers kept coming.
"Kiss, kiss, kiss!"
The chant, started by the twins, echoed around the couple. Astrid looked slightly up at Hiccup. She smiled and stood up to peck his lips. The cheers were so loud, Hiccup thought the roof might collapse. Stoick gave a laugh and wrapped his arms around the happy couple.

"Well, that went smoother than I thought," Hiccup said.
It was dark and Hiccup and Astrid were perched on the roof. Toothless and Stormfly sat behind them, watching the stars and warbling occasionally.
"Yeah, I expected a more awkward approach." Astrid sighed.
Hiccup smiled and pulled her closer. He kissed the side of her head. She hummed and smiled. They stayed like that until their dragons decided it was time to go to bed.