Heathleg&Hiccstrid// Sick Nightmares Part 2

It was night, a day after Fishlegs fell ill. Astrid paced around the Clubhouse. She had called for Hiccup to come immediately. She sighed and sat next to the fire. Hiccup walked in and placed a soft hand on her shoulder.
Astrid smiled and placed her hand on his.
     "Hiccup, tell me that Fishlegs is alive and isn't going to die," Astrid pleaded.
     "Uh, yeah, he's doing great, mild fever and a pretty weak," Hiccup reported. 'Why?"
     "Because the reason Heather couldn't look at him is because her parents had the same symptoms as Fishlegs before they died," Astrid recited.
     "Well, let's go tell her that he's not going to die," Hiccup said confidently.
     Astrid linked her arm with Hiccup. He turned his head and placed a kiss on her head. Together they walked out, heading to Heather's hut.

     A soft knock came to Fishlegs' door. He rolled over a little.
     "Yeah?" Fishlegs wheezed.
     Heather's bright green eyes popped around the door.
     "Can I come in?" Heather asked.
     Fishlegs nodded eagerly. Heather smiled and closed the door behind her. Fishlegs brightened at what she carried. In her hands was a steaming bowl of yak and lentil stew. Heather sat on the edge of the bed. Fishlegs sat up and looked at her.
     "Hiccup told you what happened," Heather assumed.
     Fishlegs nodded. "You don't have to worry, I'm not going anywhere any time soon."
     Heather nodded and held up the bowl in a wordless question. Fishlegs nodded eagerly. Heather smiled and dipped the spoon into the broth. Fishlegs opened his mouth to receive the soup. As he ate the soup he listened to the newest news of the Edge.
"That's what Snotlout said to Astrid?" Fishlegs gasped. "Man, he's so lucky that she didn't pummel him to a pulp right then and there."
"Yeah," Heather chuckled.
"Did you make this?" Fishlegs wondered.
Heather nodded. Fishlegs shifted to a laying postiton. She set the bowl aside and picked up the rag. She gently dabbed the cloth on his head. He smiled at her. Her emerald eyes were soft and full of love and care. Fishlegs took her hands in his and ran his fingers along hers. Heather sat there, watching their hands move.

     In the days to come, Fishlegs recovered. Like with Heather, she was with him every step of the way. They would take walks together and take flights. Fishlegs took Heather to a nearby island. He and Heather watched the stars. Fishlegs turned to her and picked up her hands in his.
     "Heather, I wanna say this," Fishlegs said hesitantly. "I love you."
     Heather smiled and instead pressed her lips against his. Her eyelashes tickled his cheek. He held her jawline and cheek. He pulled away and looked at her eyes. Her beautiful green eyes sparkled with love and endearment.
                                                         They had found love.