--Chapter Twenty-One--

Kaira's POV

I feel my body go limp, unable to hold myself up anymore. My head pounds heavily and I feel blood oozing down it. The room spins around me and I squeeze my eyes shut. The swaying is making me nauseous and I feel bile rising up my throat.

I clamp a hand down over my mouth, but it doesn't stop it. Soon after, I vomit. And I continue coughing and throwing up until my stomach is empty and I am just heaving. It aches, but I can't stop.

I smell the rankness of my stomach's contents as it covers me and the floor. I wasn't exactly able to aim it away from myself and now I stink.

Groaning, I lay back on the floor and do my best to remain still. When I move the slightest bit, it sends waves of pain through my head and I don't want to repeat that anymore.

As I keep still on the hard ground, my emotions come calling again. They demand to be felt and I feel an overwhelming surge of hopelessness. I really am trapped here, being used as a test rat for these cruel people. I am not going to escape and I am never going to see my family again. That in itself, causes me to sob and soon I can't keep it in.

I cry softly, aware that Zane is still nearby and I don't want to show him how weak I really am. But I soon realize that I can't control my emotions and the sobs come out. I sob and sob, tears streaming down my face. The stench surrounding me is overwhelmingly disgusting, but I am almost glad I got it on me so that my captors will have the joy of smelling it as well.

I am vaguely aware of some distant noise before I hear a voice. And not a voice that I wanted to hear.

"You reek."

Thanks, Zane, for that astute observation. I really needed you to tell me that. I grumble internally, but don't have the strength to answer him.

"Good grief. I barely threw you hard at all. You are weaker than I thought," he mocks. Weaker? Weaker?!

I open my eyes and glare up at him. In between hiccups I snap, "Just go away already."

"Go away?" he asks in mock surprise, "But why?" That is it.

I jump to my feet, surprising him, and tackle him. He stumbles backwards, clearly not expecting that, before I feel his strong hands grab my neck.

"I've had enough of your foolish actions," I hear him growl as his hands tighten, cutting off my breathing.

O-O OH NO WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN??? >:) A nice little cliffhanger for you guys :P

Kaira's POV: Ithildae