--Chapter Thirty-Two--

Zane's POV

Oh good grief, she needs a bath... We should probably let her take one soon if we don't want our scientists to pass out. Okay, that may be a slight exaggeration, but seriously she does need a bath.

She backs up as much as she can, but my grip on her arm is still firm. She isn't going anywhere.

In a few moments, the scientists arrive. They look shocked to see Kaira out of her cell, but I ignore the looks, saying, "We need some of the type 11B restraints. Two pairs should be fine."

They nod, and leave the same way they came just as quickly.

The minutes tick by slowly as we wait for them to return. And at length, they do return, carrying the restraints.

I walk Kaira over to the panel and open the door. The scientists carrying the restraints go in first, opening the packages containing them.

The restraints have a very convenient design that allows them to attach on any flat surface. As for how they restrain someone, they're a bit like chains. But they're made of a bit softer material than metal, that doesn't allow the person to injure themselves unless they go to extreme lengths to do so.

The scientists attach the restraints to the wall, spacing them out for each of Kaira's legs and arms, and I drag Kaira over there. She struggles against me, and I'm forced to grab both of her arms.

Once I finally manage to get her over to the wall, I order the scientists to restrain her legs.

And after receiving multiple kicks to the face, they succeed.

Once they're done, I put her arms in the restraints, fairing better than they did and receiving no injuries.

She still struggles even after she is completely restrained, "Let me go!" she is fairly screaming, "I'm not some guinea pig!"

I swallow and leave the room, trying to ignore her. A part of me wants to release her, but I shove it away. The scientists follow after me, and once everyone is outside of the cell, I close the door.

I nod at the scientists, thanking them, and then they leave, returning to the lab, I guess. I turn and walk to my desk, resuming my study of the emotion, leaving Kaira alone in her cell.

Hey everyone! Happy Friday!

Zane's POV: Evara