--Chapter Fifty--

Zane's POV

The confrontation with Kaira left me confused. She had loved me back, and currently loves me? But why am I not feeling anything for her?

Nothing makes sense anymore. The only thing that can keep me sane right now is my work, which I return to quickly. My work is logical. Everything makes sense, and if something happens, it logically leads to something else.

But apparently not with love, or whatever this is.

Discovering that the emotions were slightly colored made identifying which emotions we extract obviously much easier.

Neat rows of bottles are stacking up, each of them labeled for a certain emotion. Scientists are moving in and out of the rooms, hurrying about their work.

My walkie-talkie crackles as I sit at my desk, and my boss' voice comes through, "Zane, report."

I stand up and walk out of the room, going to my boss' office. He probably has another assignment for me to do.

I enter his office, and Ben glances up, "New assignment for you." I appreciate his forthrightness. Beating around the bush is one of the things that irk me.

I nod once, "Right. What is it this time?"

"We need a new test subject. His name is Drake," he pulls up a picture, "He apparently has a history of being extremely proud. Along with a few other things." he picks up a folder, sticks the picture in, and then hands the whole thing to me, "Pride would be a useful emotion to have."

I smile, "I can see how. When do I leave?"

"As soon as you're ready." Ben pauses for a moment, "Which means now."

"Got it." I'll be back almost as soon as I leave.

I've officially set a day for updating this story, and that day will be Wednesday. If I know Wednesday won't work, I will probably update Tuesday. Okey? :)

Zane's POV: Evara