--Chapter Sixty--

Zane's POV

I flick on the lights to the room where I know Kaira's father is being held.

Frankly, I don't know why I'm here. Okay, I do, but I don't know why I'm doing it.

I walk slowly over to the row of cells, and am shocked to see the lab doctor, Max lying in the first one. What did he do?

I stop when I see who is in the next cell. Kaira. Something jumps in my heart when I see her, and I'm even more shocked. What is happening to me?

I switch my gaze to the last cell, which holds Drake. A sigh escapes me. I don't even know what I'm here to say.

When I first entered the room, Drake was unconscious. Now, though, I see him stir, and as I'm deciding what to say, he bolts upright. He staggers to his feet, looking around wildly.

He sees me, and I can see the hatred that fills his eyes, "What do you want?" he snarls, "To gloat?"

I'm silent for a while. Well, here goes nothing, "No. I just wanted to tell you that your wife and child are alright."

His expression doesn't change, "What did you do to them?" he demands, still angry. It's like he didn't hear what I just said.

"I didn't do anything to them." I try to keep myself calm, even though he is extremely irritating, "Like I said, they're fine. We only tranquilized your wife."

He stares at me, trying to decide whether to believe me. Finally, he says, "I don't know if you're telling the truth, kid, but I guess it doesn't matter,"

I want to strike him at the use of the undermining expression, but before I make more plans to do so, I feel a thought slip into my brain.

For Kaira's sake, don't.

I'm startled at the little bit of emotion that springs up inside of me at the thought of Kaira.

I thought it was gone...

Happy Monday everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend :)

Zane's POV: Evara