--Chapter Twenty-Eight--

This isn't going right. She's reacting poorly to the emotion we injected. Or should I say emotions?

I can see the sweat forming on her brow, and her eyes are closed tightly. That would indicate fear. But then why is she reacting like this? It means there has to be more than one emotion. But which one? Definitely not joy or love. My guess would be either sadness or anger. And I don't think sweat is an indication of sadness. That would leave anger, which would make sense considering the circumstance that we took it. I have to make sure, though.

My hand is on her shoulder, and I decide to try talking to her, "Hey," I say, not really sure what else to say.

There is no reaction from her, and I try again, "Kaira," I feel the name slip off my tongue pleasantly. Wait. Focus, "How are you feeling?" Maybe she would just tell us?

"Make it stop," She whispers, eyes still shut tightly.

I decide to wing it and ask a little more specific question, "Are you feeling sad?" Okay, a lot more specific.

"Please, just go away," her voice is trembling slightly, and I can tell she is frightened. But we already knew that, so I have to continue.

"I can help you," I talk slowly, and glance back out to see how much time is approximately left before the emotion is gone. About three minutes. Not much time.

"I just need you to tell me how you're feeling." I continue pushing her, trying to get an either angry or sad response.

"Just go away!" Her tone is angrier, but I can still detect traces of fear.

"That's all I need to know." I murmur and stand up.

"Extract it." I order, after leaving the room.

The scientists nod, and press a button. After a few seconds, they announce, "It's done."

I nod, "Good. Bring the bottle to my desk by her holding cell."

A scientist moves to the machine and pulls the bottle out, handing it to me.

"Bring Kaira back to the cell," I order, starting to walk away.

"Who?" The scientist's voice sounds confused.

I curse myself, "The girl." Without waiting for a response, I walk quickly down the hall to my desk. I set the bottle down and plunk into the chair.

"What is wrong with me?" I mutter, and run a hand through my hair.

Thank you for reading! Hope you are enjoying :)

Zane's POV: Evara