Girls against Boys

I sat at the dinner table with Sam and Dean about a few days later. The two were talking about the london extention of the men of letters, and how nothing about them was found anywhere in the bunker. I lazily chewed on a piece of cold bacon. Castiel walked by the door, looking into the room.

"Morning Sleeping beauty." Dean waved. "Coffee?" He asked. I looked back and waved.

"Hi Cas." I muttered sleepily.

"I'm going." He said after nodding at me in acknowledgement. Then he walked off. Dean and Sam looked at eachother.

"Cas?" They both got up and went after him. I stayed put, too tired. My insomina and night terrors had been going crazy. I just listened to their conversation. That is, until Mary came into the room with a smile on her face. There was a distinct difference in her though, I could tell.

"You cut your hair?" I asked. She nodded and shrugged as Sam and Dean came back into the room.

"I figured it'd be better not to give monsters something to grab onto." She said. Dean nudged Sam, who glared at him.

"It looks nice." I smiled, she smiled back. If there was one thing I knew, it was that when a girl changed her hair, she was ready to move on from something.

Which seemed apparent, because Mary had found a case.

A house. A ghost. A... frost freeze, something. Someone died from a frozen heart. I didn't like that idea of death one bit, mostly because I hated being cold.

"So we go investigate the house?" Dean said, closing the laptop. Mary looked over at him from her spot in the front of the car.

"Right now?" She asked.

"Yeah." Dean shrugged. I exchanged a glance with Sam, who was bumped into the back seat with me. They talked. I didn't listen. My mind tended to wander nowadays. We drove to the house and stared up at it as we got out of the car.

"They said they heard a baby crying?" I asked.

"That's the story." Mary muttered. Sam and Dean nodded.

"Alright." Dean grabbed a bag and started up towards the house. We all followed after him.

Pushing open the doors and closing it behind us, I already didn't like the feel or look of that place.

"Okay. Nellwyn, you and Mom can check down here and upstairs, and Sam and I will look around here and the basement." Dean was saying, pulling out his weird ghost detector that I never cared to learn the name of. Sam handed me one before giving my shoulder an encouraging pat and going off after Dean. I sighed and looked to Mary, who shrugged and gave me a warm smile.

"Girls versus boys?" She asked. I smirked and nodded as we decided to head upstairs first.

I stared at the machiene in my hand as Mary manned the flashlight.

"Nellwyn." She asked. I looked back.

"Yeah?"

"How long... how long did it take for you to feel like... you belonged?" She asked me. I shrugged.

"I personally don't think anyone belongs anywhere." I said, looking back to the machine after it started beeping slightly.

"What do you mean?" Mary asked.

"Well." I looked carefully around a corner. "Well my mom was an angel, and my dad was a demon. So I'm not even supposed to exist." I looked back at her. "But I do. So..." I shrugged. "I don't belong anywhere."