Dumb Deals Die Hard

Sam and Dean explained.

They explained that they were in hell, sitting in solitary confinement for over two months had driven Dean to making a deal. A deal that if Billie helped get him and Sam out of there, one of them would die at midnight. We all stared at them as they stepped forward. I was in shock, unable to move.

Billie crossed her arms with a smirk, looking between Dean and Sam.

"So which one will it be?" She asked.

"Me." Mary stepped forward. "You said you needed a Winchester. I'm a Winchester." She swallowed.

"Works for me." Billie set a hand on her hip.

"Mom no!" Dean moved forward but Billie forced him and Sam back to where I was standing. Mary pulled out a gun and put it to her head. Castiel gave me a look. A look that I nodded subtly at before he moved.

"I love you all." Mary squeezed her eyes shut, about to pull the trigger.

"No!" I held up my hand, keeping Billie in one place and making Mary stop. Billie shot a glare at me and I closed my fist just as Castiel stabbed the angle blade through her. With our combined efforts, her body was reduced to nothing but ash and a few drops of blood.

"Nellwyn!? Cas!?" Dean looked between us.

"I wasn't going to let you do that." Castiel said, looking up at them. "You're important to this world. You're important to me. All of you."

I turned to Dean and Sam and Mary with tears streaming down my face.

"I was in that hell too, you know." I sniffled. "And they treated me like I was crazy. And they kept me locked in a room, only I wasn't alone. I had stupid doctors coming in for two hours every single day trying to tell me that there was something wrong with me. And when they weren't there I was left alone feeling like there really was something wrong. I was going crazy. I didn't know what had happened to either of you. You don't see me making deals to die!" I snapped, wiping my face with my arm. "Why would you make a deal like that? It was a stupid deal." I muttered quietly to myself, wiping my face furiously and trying to make the tears stop coming.

"It was a stupid deal and we broke it." Castiel said, setting a hand on my shoulder.

Mary moved in front of me and pulled me into a tight, warm, motherly hug.

It was time to go home now. Finally.