I'm a Professional (Part 2)

Dean stared at me as I inspected the picture on my phone. He was sitting on the bed while I muttered about how I recognized the dead guy from the pictures on the wall of that dead accountants office.

"How old are you, anyway?" He asked suddenly. I looked back at him as he glanced over my shoulder. "Is that a dead body?"

"Yes."

"Cool." He chuckled as a knock came to the door. He looked up and went to answer it.

"Dean wait!" I stood, grabbing my gun. Dean opened the door and Rowena was there, staring at him. I was both relieved and shocked to see her.

"Who's this?" Dean asked, looking to me.

"Wow... it's getting bad." Rowena moved into the room and Dean blinked, closing the door with a shrug.

"I didn't think you would show up. I just needed advice." I said. Rowena started spounting words that I didn't understand.

"They're an old witch family. They use, powerful, powerful magic." He dumbed it down for me. I nodded.

"You know them?" I asked. She rolled her eyes. That was a yes. I showed her the poicture of the dead guy. "So is this one of them?" I asked.

"...Yes." Rowena sighed. "That makes things more complicated..."

Rowena explained to us that we needed the book. We needed the book to get the spell to break the... spell.

"A book?" I said after sitting Dean down in front of the television to watch cartoons. Rowena nodded. "I can get a book." I said decisively. Rowena gave me a look, then looked to Dean. I followed her gaze and let out a sigh. "Dean?" I called. He looked over to me.

"Hi. That's me, right?" He asked. I nodded with a small, sad smile.

"We... can we talk for a second?" I asked. He stood.

"Sure thing...."

"Nellwyn."

"Sure thing, Nellwyn." He said as we walked into the other room, well, the bathroom. I spilled his whole life story. Everything I could remember. Ever story him and Sam and Cas have ever mentioned. By the end of it, Dean was staring at the wall in shock.

"So... this is what gets me?" He looked over at me.

"No. No of course not, I won't let it."

"But Nell, you're... you're a kid. How are-"

"I can do this, Dean."

"You have saved me before..."

"Yeah and I'll do it again.

"You're already starting to fade."

"I know."

"You mean a lot to me, I can tell."

"I know."

"Thank you."

"Leave it to me, Dean. I can fix this." and with that, I exited the bathroom.

Rowena turned back to look at me.

"How is he?"

"Do you really care?" I asked. She looked offended. "Sorry... I'm... on edge." I muttered. She nodded. "I'm going to go get that book thing, you stay here with Dean." I grabbed my jacket and my gun as I walked by her.

"Absolutely not." Rowena snapped. I looked back at her. "You just called it a 'thing' and you expect me to let you go alone? Do you have any idea what those neanderthal friends of yours will do ta me if you die?" She snapped.

"Well I can't take Dean with me, and I can't leave him hear alone. And Crowley told me not to trust you."

"You're going to listen to Fergus?"

"No, but I have known him a bit longer. I know him a bit better than I know you. That's all, really. It's nothing personal."

"You're walking into your death, deary."

"I texted Sam and told him if I don't text him by morning to call you."

"And that'll work?"

"It's the best I can do. Dean doesn't have much time. Please."

"Okay. Okay fine."

"Thank you Rowena. I can do this. I'll call you when I get inside, I promise." She nodded as I left.

I took Dean's car. I felt like a real hunter for a while as I sped down the road to the address I had found online in the police reports. I swallowed hard. I was hunting alone. I was hunting witches all by myself. It couldn't be that bad. I told myself that over and over as I pulled into the woods, the house in the distance. I swallowed and gripped my gun tight, making my way through to the house and seeing a man out front. I held the gun up and placed it in his back when I was close enough.

"Hi, tell me how to get inside." I said. And right after he told me, I shot him dead in the back. Those witch killing bullets really did work. I headed up the stairs and quietly went through the front door before calling Rowena, on my guard.

"You're in?" He voice said.

"Yeah." I muttered. "I'm going to get the translation, then you do the spell." I said.

"Alright." Rowena said. I slipped the phone in my pocket, leaving Rowena on the line just in case. I made my way silently up the stairs where I heard a woman humming and peered through a cracked door, opening it silently and slipping inside.

My gun was train on her as I spoke.

"Hi." I said calmly. She didn't look over.

"Hello. I had them let you in." She said. I swallowed.

"I have witch killing bullets, you know." I said with confidence. "Look I just want the translation for the spell that was cast on my brother so I can fix it. Give me that and you'll stay alive. I promise." I said.

"What are you, little one?" The woman finally looked over.

"Something that you should be afraid of." I said, cocking my gun. A man burst into the room. I jumped and turned to him. I threw my hand up and he said something in a different language that blocked my attack. The woman began speaking and suddenly this loud ringing filled my ears. I felt myself get thrown back into a bookshelf and let out a yelp of pain. I head screaming in my ears. It sounded like my family. It sounded like they were dying a terribly, torturous death and I covered my ears, falling to the ground when I tried to get up. I let out a scream when pain hit me like a large truck and my body shut itself down.

"Nellwyn!" I heard Dean's voice come in through my phone but I was out cold in the next moment.