Hunter, Hunter (Part 1)

I nearly jumped out of the Impala when we pulled up to Jody's house that day.

"You think she cooked lunch?" Dean asked as we made our way to the door. Sam rolled his eyes.

"Why not try and start with 'hello', huh?" He said as he knocked on the door. It was a few moment until Jody opened the door, her expression immediately changing from annoyed to ecstatic.

"What are you three doing here!" She smiled, inspecting us. "Oh you three look awful." She added.

"Of course we'll come in." Dean nodded, making Jody laugh as she let us pass and into her house. Sam gave her an apologizing smile.

"We were in the neighborhood and thought we might stop by." He said.

"And by in the neighborhood he means that we happened to be driving through this state." I yawned. Jody chuckled.

"We thought we'd say hi to you and Claire and Alex." Dean cut in.

"Ah, well it's just me." Jody shrugged. "Claire and Alex are being... teenagers at some Twenty One Pilots concert two states over." She said.

"Lucky!" I groaned.

Sam chuckled and Dean shook his head. I crossed my arms at them.

"They're an awesome band." I shot, making Jody laugh. She looked us over once again before turning towards the kitchen.

"Well can I feed you?" She asked.

"Oh, please." Dean smiled wide at the promise of food. And it wasn't long until we were all seated in the living room. Dean in one lounge chair, Jody curled up in another, Sam leaning back on the couch and me laying across it, resting against the arm of the couch. Dean leaned forward at a crucial scene in the soap opera we were watching. "So you're one of those random soap opera chicks?" He asked, earning a look from Jody. "No, not that you're a random chick, but, are you?" He asked.

"They have good story." She said with a shrug.

"I prefer crime dramas." I muttered.

"Oh yeah what was the one we watched?" Sam asked.

"They're both crime drama chicks." Dean grumbled.

"Yeah and Dean's more of a Japanese cartoon chick." Sam said.

"No way, really?" Jody leaned in. I started laughing when Dean blushed in embarrassment.

"They're Anime, Sam." I said, sitting upright.

The phone started ringing and Jody took a breath.

"Well, excuse me from this very stimulating conversation." She said, getting up and going off into the other room. Dean leaned forward and kicked Sam in the shin.

"What?" Sam asked.

"You know what." Dean snapped, crossing his arms just as Jody came back into the room. I glanced back as she made her way around the couch and caught glimpse of her saddened expression.

"Jody?" I asked, causing Sam and Dean to notice as well. We all looked at each other and got up to follow her into her room, where she was packing a bag.

"What happened?" Sam asked.

"One of my friends died." Jody said. "He was a hunter." She sniffled.

"Who was it?" Dean asked.

"Asa Fox." Jody said.

"I've heard that name before..." Dean muttered. Sam nodded.

"Ellen used to tell stories about him." He said.

"Well his wake is tomorrow, they're going to salt and burn the body the next day..." She trailed off. "God, I can't believe I just said that like it was normal..."

Dean stepped forward.

"Well let us come with you." He said.

"Yeah, Jody." I agreed.

"There are going to be a lot of other hunters there..." Jody muttered.

"Well we don't really have a chance to... you know, go to gatherings like that." Sam shrugged.

"You'd be doing us a favor by letting us tag along." Dean said. Jody sighed and nodded.

"Okay... just... you three need showers before you sit in the car for another five hours." She muttered.

"Where are we going?" Dean asked.

Canada. We were in Canada. Just looking outside the Impala window made me feel cold. We pulled up behind Jody's car at a large house that was inside the forest.

"This is where he lived?" Sam asked as we got out of the car.

"Family home." Jody said.

"How'd you know him?" Dean asked as we made our way to the front door.

"He came through on a hunt... and then a few more times... we would have coffee, chat, he was a good man." She trailed off. I could tell, Jody liked this Asa guy a lot.