Hunter, Hunter (Part 5)

I was getting frustrated. I could feel it bubbling up inside me.

"Just. Let. Me. OUT!" I punctuated each snarled word with a punch or kick to the door, window, wall. I gripped my hand at the last one, holding it tightly and feeling the shock and burn of the wardings against it. I set my back against the wall and took a deep breath as I slid down to sit. I breathed deeply, trying to calm myself down. When had I become such an angry person? I pulled my knees up to my chest and held them, setting my head down and staring into the darkness for a little while, thinking.

Demons. I can handle demons. Wards. I can't handle wards. But... the demon made the wards. He's the one keeping us all here. He's the one who has us all trapped.

I leaned my head back with my eyes closed.

If I kill the demon, I set us free. I survive.

Letting out a breath, I opened my eyes, only to be shocked into action by a sudden shift of the wards energy st the front door. I jumped to my feet and, with a burst of power, shot my hand out to grasp whatever had gotten through in a tight, choking grip. I heard coughing, and when my instincts faded I could see that I was holding Dean hostage. I let him go and he looked up at me. I was still in survival mode though. I couldn't find it in myself to care.

"How'd you get in?" I asked, turning away from him and going to the door. I set a hand on the knob and turned it. It didn't budge. I felt the area where he had flown through. It was warded again. I cursed under my breath.

"Nellwyn." Dean said my name in a questioning manner that brought me back to my senses, I whipped around and he flinched.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you, I just... I got..." I sighed. "I was just surprised, is all." I rubbed the back of my head and Dean relaxed.

"That look you just had... that wasn't you." He said softly. I stared at him. "You're really starting to freak me out, kid." He shook his head slightly. I opened my mouth to say something, but then I heard Asa's mom calling out. Dean and I exchanged looks, and we ran that way.

Elvis was so clearly the demon. I didn't think twice, and neither did Dean. At the same time, he pulled his gun and I wrapped my power around Elivs in a suffocating hold. Asa's mom pressed herself against the far wall.

"You're a problem, you know that?" Jael rasped at me. He lifted his hands against my power and grabbed his head, Dean fired, but by that time it was too late, Jael had thrown Elvis' to the side with a sickening crack, and suddenly, I felt the demon leave Elvis. I snapped my eyes in the direction I felt it go. People were starting to gather from the shot.

"No... no no no." I let Elivs' now lifeless body go, cursing as the demon disappeared within the crowd. I had lost it again.

Sam and Mary looked to Dean.

"Dean!" Sam crossed the room. "How'd you get in?" He asked. And Dean was about to answer, before Bucky pushed his way through.

"What happened to Elvis!?" He demanded. He looked at Dean, then at me. "How did he get in here?" He asked.

"Why are you asking me?" I stared him down.

"You... were the only one near the door." Max cut in.

"I didn't realize you were part of this conversation." I snapped at him. Alicia stepped forward.

"Listen-" She would have continued, but Dean interjected.

"Enough!" He shouted loudly, we were all quiet. "Where'd the demon go?" He asked, bringing everyone back to reality.

"That's right. He could be anywhere by now." Mary cut in.

And, just as I thought, everything started to spiral out of control.

Dean was accused, Sam, Me, Jody, Mary. I was getting frustrated, I could feel the anger pulsing out of me. I snapped back, I accused, I challenged. Dean argued with me, Sam argued for us. Mary became defensive. No one could be trusted.

"Everyone, drop the weapons!" Jody shouted when guns and knives were whipped out and retrieved from where we had left them on the floor, trained on everyone. It was about to turn into an all out fight. "Drop them." Jody was getting angry. I glanced at her. She nodded. I stabbed my knife into the ground.

"She said to drop them." I said in a collected voice, snapping my fingers and pulling the weapons away from them. They all stared at me in shock. I felt a bit tired, using my powers so much in one day. Especially when I didn't have to.

"Salt." Dean said before anyone could say anything else. "Demons can't pass salt right? So we make a salt circle. Whoever won't get inside is the demon."

"Jael wants us to all turn against each other. Don't let him get to you." Sam composed himself. The others started nodded, I heard a few murmured apologies.