Whipped into Shape (Part 3)

When I woke up I found myself with my hands tied, in fact, all of me was tied to a cross on a strange alter in this new place. I could just make out Sam a little ways off, laying on a hard concrete floor that may have been cold if he hadn't been laying on it for who knows how long. There was a girl there too, crying in front of the cross, holding what looked like a whip in her hand. I scanned the room, it was dark, dimly lit by some candles. I shook my head clear and let out a groan before looking down at the girl who was below me.

"Who are you?" I asked. She shook her head. "You... You're that families daughter, aren't you?" I asked. She didn't respond. I could see the scars through the rips of her shirt. And, on a chair, someone had brought her new clothes to change into. "They... locked you down here, didn't they?" I asked. She lowered her head even more.

"I hurt people." She muttered.

I stared at her.

"I have to stay here and beg for forgiveness. I..." She trailed off.

"Visions?" Sam's voice coughed out and I watched him struggle for a moment before kneeling down where he was. "Visions and headaches, unexplained powers..." He stared at this girl.

"How... did you know?" She asked.

"Because I had that too. Well, I don't anymore. I don't think so at least..." Sam lost himself in thought. The girl shyed away from him. I tugged at the restraints on the cross.

"Do you know why I'm up here?" I asked. The girl turned her attention to me, I suddenly felt bad for not remembering her name.

"My mom said that you're a religious one, that you seemed kind... she wanted to remind you of... well, the greatess sacrifice."

I blinked at that.

"I..." I swallowed. "I'm an angel." I told her. Now all of her attention was on me. Sam stared at me with a look of worry and terror.

"An angel?" The girl repeated with sudden hope. It was only half a lie. Only half. Meaning, it was half truthful. She began sobbing. "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to kill those people. I didn't mean to kill anyone. I don't want to-"

"I know." I stopped her. "Look... I... I can heal your wounds but..." I swallowed. "But your powers are a part of you, I can't get rid of them." I looked down and to the side. "I know how it feels to have powers that you don't want. Believe me." I looked back at her and she stared into my eyes. "I'm not lying to you. I am an angel, and him over there? He's my friend. And we're going to fix this. Okay?"

"O...Okay, yeah." The girl gulped, staring at me in awe. I heard a creak from upstairs.

"You have to untie me." I pushed, she looked back. I heard the door open. Sam pushed himself towards us. She was scared. Sam had no use of his hands. And here I was, tied to a cross.

Her mother came into view at the base of the stairwell.

"Dinner's ready." Was all she said. And I didn't like the sound of that, not one bit. The girl pushed herself to stand.

"Yes mother" was all she said. I didn't like the sound of that either, but the father had come down, and was untying me from the cross now. I realized for the first time how weak and limp I felt. Sam pushed himself up and moved towards me but the mother held a hand up.

"We won't hurt her, or you." She said, turning and walking silently up the stairs, her daughter following her with her head down.

Family dinner's were always awkward, but this dinner had just reached a while new level of uncomfortable and awkward. A level that I would have never believed to be possible before falling into this life. The mom passed out dinner to the silent and terrifyed looking individuals at the table. Sam and I were tied to chairs.