Hunter, Hunter (Part 3)

I don't know how I was included in this family meeting, but here I was, standing in a hallway with Sam, Dean, and Mary. Dean was ranting. Where did she go? He had been trying to get a hold of her for days. When was she going to come back? What had she been up to? Why was she there now? How did she know Asa? They weren't really questions, more as statements that had been eating away at Dean for the past few weeks. Minus the stuff about Asa, of course.

"Dean..." Sam tried to get him to calm down. But Dean didn't want to hear anymore. He turned on his heels and headed out the door, letting it slam behind him. Mary's face became guilt ridden and saddened.

"I'll go-"

"Let him be alone right now, Nell." Sam sighed, rubbing the back of his head before apologizing to his mother.

I really hated family fights.

"Mary?" I looked up at her, she looked back at me.

"How've you been doing?" She asked, forcing a smile.

"I've been okay..." I trailed off, swallowing as we all stood there in an awkward silence. "Do you want a drink?" I asked, taking a step back and motioning towards the kitchen.

"That would be great. Water, please." She smiled. I nodded. "Water. Okay." I turned and walked off, leaving Sam and Mary to talk to each other.

The hunters were quietly talking among themselves, giving me a few nods of acknowledgment as I went to the kitchen. I grabbed a cup and began filling it with cold water from the fridge. But something felt off. I looked down the dark hall where Asa's body was and shivered. Ironically, I didn't appreciate being in the same house as a dead body for this long. Especially now that I knew what dead things were capable of. My backbone quivered, remembering something that I tried very hard to push into the back of my head. I wasn't in purgatory anymore. I never wanted to go back there. Never again. I shook the thoughts fro my head and I turned my attention back to the water, that, in my distraction, I had spilled on the floor.

"Shit..." I muttered, putting the very full glass down and stepping back. I looked around for a towel or something. I let out a sigh and looked back down that dark hallway. Didn't Asa's mom say something about a bathroom being over that way?

I kept my hand on the knife in my pocket as I moved down the hall, peeking through each doorway and finding either a closet, or a guest bedroom. There were only two doors, and the one at the end of the hall was so obviously the one where they were keeping Asa. I guess my curiosity got the best of me in that moment. I walked past the bathroom and carefully pushed open the door to the room, swinging it open a bit faster and expecting to see something there. But... nothing was there. Just a man lying, stone cold and not breathing on a bed that was surrounded by flowers and bottles full of expensive alcohol. I let out a sigh and relaxed my body, walking over to Asa's lifeless one.

I leaned over him a bit. He was a handsome guy, there was no doubt about that. A kind face and a demeanor that, even in death, made you feel safer. I smiled a little.

"I can see why Jody liked you." I muttered, sitting down in an empty chair next to the bed. I looked around the room. "Hi Asa..." I muttered, wondering if his soul was anywhere around. "You don't know who I am. I'm Nellwyn, one of the Winchester's. Well... an adopted member." I looked over at his cold corpse. "You have a lot of good friends. You know that?" I smiled. "They all came here for you. To tell stories about you. You seem like you were a great guy." I stood up and stretched. "But... this world only seems to kill good people." I muttered, feeling something drip onto my forehead. I blinked, and felt my head, looking at the liquid in the dim light. It was dark. That wasn't good. I swallowed and looked up.

I was running. The lights in the hall shut off, making it darker than it normally was. I sprinted out of the kitchen, alerting the hunters in the room as I pushed past them and jumped over furniture to get to the front door. I grabbed the knob and pulled. It wouldn't budge. My mind started racing for other ways to survive.

"Nellwyn what's wrong?" Mary asked when I grabbed the nearest object and slammed it hard against the window. The object broke. I glared and pulled my fist back and slammed it into the window. Magic met whatever powers I had and I went flying backwards into the wall.

"Nellwyn stop!" Sam rushed over to me. My mind was still racing, my survival instincts were going crazy. Sam grabbed me by the shoulders and made me look him in the eyes.

"What going on, kid?" Someone asked. I swallowed.

"We... we need to get out of here. We need to go, Sam." I tugged on his jacket. He made a confused face, everyone was listening now. "Someone's dead, something killed him. I don't..." I pushed myself up, regaining composure. "The house has been warded. Nothing gets in, nothing gets out." I told them.

"...We're trapped." Someone muttered.