And Then There Were Three

I think Sam and Dean arrived at somepoint during the struggle. This spirit was strong. Angry. And as I fired off anohter rock salt bullet, Mary was thrown somewhere where I couldn't see. I glared ahead.

"Pick on someone your own size you son of a bitch!" I shouted.

"Nellwyn!" I head Dean's voice. I head a shout of surprise.

"Go!" Mary's voice commanded. I ran up the stairs to see the boys about to shoot one of the small ghost children.

"Dean! Sam! Don't!" I yelled. They stopped and looked at me.

"What are you-"

"They're not the one's hurting people!" I yelled over the children's screaming that was going on in my head now. "It's the first girl's father! His bones are-" I felt something grab me by the face and drag me up the stairs, mecilessly hitting my head against each step.

Mary had let out a shout of pain, I could hear it. Sam must ahve gone after her, after the bones, because I heard Dean calling out to me as I was pulled into that nursery room and the door slammed closed. I grpped my head, blood running down the side of my face as I looked at the crib in the center of the room. That doll. That damned doll from before floated up and out, it's head spinning to stare at me. I froze and panicked, running to the door and slamming into it with all my strength.

"Dean! Dean let me out of here!" I screamed.

"The door won't budge!" Dean's voice paniked. I looked back at the doll, it got cloesr. I cursed under my breath.

"Dean stand back!" I yelled, hoping that he did when I lit up the room with my grace and slammed a glowing fist into the door so that it shattered. Dean was staring at me in shock and awe as I sprinted from the room. "Bones are in the basement! Hidden!" I yelled as I ran down the stairs. Dean followed, not saying a word.

Mary was possessed. This whole job had turned into a huge, complicated mess that I didn't want to be a part of anymore. Sam and Dean were forced up against the wall. The ghost couldn't do the same for me. It stared at me through Mary's eyes.

"What are you? You're not human." It tried to push me back again, it didn't work. I chuckled.

"No shit, sherlock." I snapped. "Say goodbye to your pathetic existance." I raised a hand and the ghost coughed, starting to choke, unable to leave it's vessel. I felt like I did back in purgatory. In control. Those images of all those monsters flashed through my mind. I had cut, sliced, decapitated, even imploded a few. I didn't even notice when Sam and Dean fell to the ground. Sam went for the bones. Dean went for me, grabbing my arm.

"Nellwyn stop!" I froze under his grasp. "Snap out of it." He said. I lokoed at him and slowly released Mary as the bones went up in flames. I looked down at my hand, I wasn't in purgatory anymore. I was on Earth, I almost killed Mary.

"I'm so sorry." I said to Dean. He looked worried. He shook his head and pulled me into a hug, patting my back before we went to check on Mary.

The case was done. We went back to the bunker. And I prayed that that 'talk' I was supposed to have with Dean at some point never came. I didn't want to talk about purgatory. And as I sat with Sam, watching Dean and Mary go back and forth about how she missed John, she missed the little boys she had been ripped away from, it was clear that this 'talk' wouldn't come about for a long, long time. Mary shook her head.

"I don't think I can stay here anymore, Dean." She stepped back. Sam cut in now.

"What do you mean?" He asked. I looked to her as well.

"She means... She's leaving." I muttered.

"No." Dean held a hand out to me. "Okay? No... We just... we had a long couple days... we need... we need to relax." Dean looked to his mom. "We can..." He stopped when Mary was giving him a sad, sad look.

"I just..." She took a breath. "This is something I need to do." She said as Sam and I stood up as if we were about to stop her, but, then, both of us seemed to have changed our minds.

"I love you all." She said, holding out her arms as Sam hugged her. She let him go to let me hug her tightly as well.

"Are you going to come back?" I asked. She didn't answer. Dean didn't hug her. Mary didn't say anything, she just grabbed her bag and walked out with a sad expression and left us in a sad silence.