Reluctant

Three days later. It was a mere three days later, but it felt like an eternity. Our conversation with Mary went exactly how you thought it would. Dean was angry. Sam was upset. I was frustrated. I had texts from her. Texts that I ignored. First, Dean left. Then, Sam. I stood there, after promising myself that Mary's actions didn't bother me in the least. Looking at her then, I felt like I was staring at my father all over again.

"Nellwyn." she tried, desperately. I bit my lip, looked away, glanced at her saddened face and a tear had fallen from my eye.

"They killed me, Mary. And last time I... I almost... I don't want to go back there again...I..." I choked out my words and stepped away from her. She opened her mouth to say something else, but I didn't stay to hear it.

It had been a full three days. Against my greater good, I hoped that Mary was sad, alone, suffering in herself. Sam buried himself in research. Dean buried himself in cases. I relished in the distractions of both. Dean was grasping at straws. He was restless.

"Want to talk?" Sam asked.

"Not really..." Dean and I muttered at the same time. Sam, as always, was trying to be the voice of reason, which only made Dean and I angry. Dean left to get a drink.

"Pick a side for once." Dean has left. Leaving me with Sam. He stared at his phone. Then at me. I stared back.

"Come with me?" He asked.

"I..." I looked away. "No thanks." I said. And he sighed.

"Okay... that's fair." He rubbed my back lovingly before he left the bunker, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

Dean came back sometime later.

"Sammy? Nell?" he called. I was about to answer when a knock came to the door. I walked out when I heard Dean open the door. There was a man at the door. I peered out of the lobby room as a man with an accent offered Dean some scotch. I began wishing I had went with Sam, but probably not, actually. In fact, I didn't quite want to be inside the bunker either, not anymore. I didn't know where I wanted to go. In the end, I sat in my room while that man tried to persuade Dean in the best way he knew. By understanding Dean. By being like Dean. I listened. I didn't like any of it. I laid back on my bed. Dean was interested in something. I could feel it. He was going to leave the bunker. I bit my lip and put my arms over my eyes. After a while, the door to the bunker opened and closed. It was all empty again.

I didn't like the men of letters. Maybe it was because I was a monster. Eventually, they would come and kill me as well. I wondered if Sam and Dean would stop them, or what would become of us by that point. Either way, I had to do something about them.

Something... I didn't know what to do. But something in me said Sam was in danger. So I focused myself and flashed my way to where I felt him. Outside. I was in the woods of some insanely built facility with vampires flooding in.

"Sam..." I muttered, running after the vamps. The building was going on lock down. I hoped on the guards post house thing and threw myself over the fence, getting a few annoying and bearable scratched. Something about not engaging the vampires. Sam and Mary would be... engaging. I sensed them out. I teleported my way inside with slight difficulty, stumbling a bit as I looked around at pipes and dials.

I had no weapons. My eyes changed and I could see the vampires with ease. Sam and Mary were fighting. I lifted my hands and forced two against the wall, their heads popped like balloons and I walked towards Sam and Mary.

"Nellwyn how did you-"

"Nice work Nelly." Mary cut off Sam. "Let's go." He walked. I nodded and followed.

I didn't want to save the British people, but if Sam and Mary were going to make it out alive, I might as well help the others do the same.