[13] Awkward, Awkward, Blush!

Friday – 2 Weeks Later (Ro'Meave Residence)

Aphmau's P.O.V.

After a somewhat awkward encounter with Garroth in their kitchen, just after I entered their house, I successfully managed to reach Zane's room without banging my head on the concrete wall out of embarrassment.

Ding~ Dong~

"Vylad, the door's open!"

Vylad?

Shrugging off the curious grimace on my face, I opened the door a bit hesitantly – instantly greeted by their ever-so-relaxing living room. Not even uttering a single word, I took small steps through their home.

This isn't trespassing, right? I mean, someone did tell me to come in (even though they're under the influence that I'm Vylad)

Too caught up once again with my roaming thoughts, I suddenly felt warmth from a few steps before me...

Body warmth...

"Vylad, you're here! Would you mind tasting this soup I'm maki-"

Garroth?

GARROTH?!

Oh no...

Nonononono...

I was abruptly faced by a blue-eyed blonde, holding up a large spoon close to my lips. Too close.  Blinking, eyes-widening, then realization – an expression I was also mirroring.

Because I obviously was completely stupid for my own good, my eyes roamed away from his eyes...

He was shirtless with an apron being his only piece of clothing that could cover his skin.

Blushing, I swiftly looked away.

How many times does this guy have to be shirtless in front of me?!

"A-APHMAU?" Blushing as well, he leans back, avoiding my idiotic red face. Still holding onto the spoon, he's the first one to break the silence, "S-Sorry, I thought y-you were Vylad..." He awkwardly smiles, and I do the same.

"Well, since you're here, could you taste this for m-me?" Flinching, then immediately turning red, I look up to him to see his cheeks were flushed with pink.

Nodding hesitantly, he spoon-feeds me the soup, making his cheeks scarlet now.

Great...

This is my first time back at the Ro'Meaves and this happens...

"It actually tastes really good!" I plaster a surprised and amused face as half of the awkward atmosphere subsides. "Thanks," He chuckles, "I'm the one that needs to make dinner, after all." Smiling, I didn't realize that we've been there, not moving a single inch, for the past 2 minutes.

Cue the awkward atmosphere coming back.

"Uh... um, you must be here to see Zane, right? I'm sorry for occupying you... he's just in his room." He says before facing the stove once more, red lacing the tip of his ears. Mentally sighing, I awkwardly thank him before leaving the kitchen.

Oh my Irene, how many times have I said awkward in the last 10 minutes?!

So... there you go! The moment when I wanted to crack my skull.

Standing in front of Zane's wooden door, my hand slowly lifted itself to knock on the piece of equipment before me.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

No reply. No floor creaking, no frustrated groan, no Zane's voice... Huh.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

After multiple knocks and exasperated sighs from none other than me, I lose my patience and gruffly open the door.

"ZANE, YOU GOOD-FOR-NOTHING SLOB! WHY THE REALM DID YOU NOT OPEN THE-"

I stop to take in the sight before me, eyes-widening instantly as my mouth falls agape.

A passed-out brunette, breathing heavily...

...Shirtless

For some reason... I can't take my eyes off him...

He was not really much, I've seen him shirtless before countless of times for several reasons (get your minds out of that filthy gutter). But, I was never able to stare at him for long; so, I took this as an opportunity to-

WAIT, WHAT THE REALM AM I THINKING?!

Just as I was about to avert my eyes, my eyes caught his chest, taking in his breathing. He was pale, of course... Yet, he wasn't completely skin-and-bones, nor was he full-on bulky. His frame was lean, a barely visible outline of abs is seen – now that, that was what I was surprise of.

Eyeing him once more for good measure, I gulped, goosebumps arising from my skin.

He was such a peaceful sleeper and he looked immensely tired; he never shuffled nor snored. A blanket was draping his figure just below his abdomen.

Smiling, I figured not to disturb him.

I was currently standing a few feet away from his door, not moving at all. My eyes continued to travel across the different figments and details of his room.

The only posters he has is all about Pinkie Cake, aside from that, he has a shelf filled with his ponies and whatnot. He had a small study desk at the corner of the room, a nightstand beside his bed – a phone and lamp atop it, along with several drawers part of the piece of furniture. There was a small cabinet somewhere in the room, as well as a laundry bin beside it. His sheets were a mess and his pillows were completely ruffled, there was a certain color scheme to every aspect of his room, and truth be told, his room looked way more mature than other teenage boys'.

Now that I realize, his room was always clean and tidy...

Wow. That's actually really impressive.

Satisfied, I decided to leave his room, terrified that I might wake Sleeping Beauty up.

Closing the door behind me with a small click, footsteps approaching rang through my ears. "Vylad?" I question, meeting green eyes. "Oh, Aph... Garroth told me you were here. Anyways, I assume Zane's snoring a bunch in there?" Laughing, I answer as I rolled my eyes, "Sorta, I guess."

"Well, could you maybe stay a bit more to hang-out with your best buddy with nothing but a platonic relationship with you?" Vylad grins at the clear truth behind his words. Laughing at his demeanor, I swiftly nod my head.

"Sure, why not?"

*****

Unbeknownst to any of them in the Ro'Meave residence, inside Zane's room. Amidst the constant breaths of heavy sleeping, a small voice escapes his lips... "Aph..."

~~~~~

HEY! KILL ME NOW FOR BEING A BAD AUTHOR... AND FOR MISSING THE OPPORTUNITY TO UPDATE... HUHUHUHU :'(

Seriously though, I'm sorry... It's summer break for me currently. So I hope I could update more frequently...

I know I've constantly left you hanging, so I understand all of the consequences. But I still hope for your continued support.

THANK YOU EVERYONE! I'm not kidding, thanks :D

How do you feel about this extremely short filler? I just thought it would be cute for the character development is all... and for Zanemau as well.

With all the new ships with Aphmau in her numerous series, I hope there are still Zanemau shippers out there.

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE, AND ADD THIS TO YOUR BOOTIFUL LIBRARIES! :)

Thank you so much! Peaceeeeee~