[19] (A Day in the Life of the Boys - Part 2) Coincidental Rendezvous

Saturday - October 1 (Continuation)

Garroth's P.O.V. (1:15 PM)

"What is this project even about anyways?" I ask as I lie on my stomach on top of my bed with Aphmau beside me, doing the same.

"Didn't professor just scratch this out from our Junior year project and revise it a little?" As Aph flipped through the next page of her textbook, she let out a laugh as I continue complaining.

"I mean seriously? The project isn't even hard!" I sigh as I read through the semi-finished presentation we made for English class. We completed half of it already yesterday, after school. Our goal now is just to finish the presentation completely and edit it a bit if we have the time. The editing can always be done on Monday or something, since this is still due the upcoming Friday.

"I take it that you automatically have bragging rights just because this is a repeated project?" Aph asks as she flips through the textbook for more information. I continued to twirl the flash drive that we were supposed to save the project in, on my fingers, my laptop laying in front of me.

"Yes, and that I have an awesome partner," I grin as I went on to look at her, which she responded with an eye roll and a tint of red in her cheeks.

"Well, I'm flattered." She retorts sarcastically as we continue the project at hand.

Me and Aph are the only ones inside my house, well, beside my mom who is taking a nap. Zane and Vylad were supposed to run an errand as instructed by our dad, since Zane and Vylad were slacking off on their chores last Thursday.

After 3 more hours of finishing the project, which already includes our snack and break times, we were finally done with the whole project, editing included.

Letting out a long sigh, I rolled over and lied on my back instead of my stomach, feeling immense back pains. Aph started to clean up her stuff as she took the flash drive containing our finished project and placed it inside the small front pocket of her pastel drawstring bag. Later on adding her books, pencil case, and notebook as well.

I placed my hands behind my head as I stare up into my ceiling, furrowing my eyebrows, I asked, "Hey Aph, now that I realize it, you asked if I saw the jacket that you used yesterday at school, right?" I slightly looked up to see her nod, "Well, I think before we headed here to start our project yesterday, during dismissal at school, when I came to pick you up at the lockers, I saw your jacket inside it, yeah, the red one. You must've left it there."

I heard her slightly curse under her breath as I went on to sit up on the foot of my bed. "That makes sense! I knew I left it there! I seriously need to get it right now... It's my favorite jacket."

It was the jacket Zane gave her.

"Sorry Garroth, I'll just be the one to submit our project since I have the flash drive. Since we finished early, I think we'll get plus points. Anyways, I really need to go to school right now; the school is open on Saturday for some clubs, right?"

I reply with a nod, she then wears her bag and reaches for the door, "Aph, wait... Umm, do you want me to drive you there? It's still a couple of blocks away,"

"No need, Garroth. Thanks anyways, advance goodnight!" She giggles as I return the statement, going on to exit the room with the door shutting.