[50] Epilogue

Near End of College Sophomore Year (At University Campus)

Zane's P.O.V.

I am utterly in love with Aphmau Phoenix.

That's all I need to know.

I gazed down at her with loving eyes as we walk through the campus, our hands intertwined as I made sure she was close to me.

Ever since we met again at the 2nd week of my Sophomore year of college, we became close and inseparable, and in no time, we became a couple.

Our story is a somewhat complex one: She entered into my life at my high school Sophomore year and became my best friend, in our Senior year we were cornered into a challenge, making us realize that we were in love with each other, but then something happened and I lost her, only to be found again in my Sophomore year of college, meeting as strangers, then becoming friends, then becoming lovers.

Maybe in the future, before we graduate college... I could propose to her.

I loved her and she loved me.

Not because of any stupid challenge, not because of anything fake or unreal.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, Aphmau giggled, making me look down to her with confused eyebrows, "I don't know... it's funny how your face looks really focused right now."

She then stood on her tiptoes to kiss my cheek, making both of us blush; I took this as an opportunity and smirked, "Come here you!" I call out as she went on to try to run ahead of me.

She shrieked but it was too late, I already wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her close to me, her back against my chest.

I bent down my head slightly and breathed on her neck, before leaving light kisses on it, "Z-Zane, n-not here..." She tries to say, her breath ragged; I grinned at her and retracted my head from her neck, seeing as I left a kiss mark on it.

"If you say so, I'll get you later then..." I whisper into her ear, making her face blush. I then pulled her aside and wrapped an arm around her shoulder, continuing to walk.

"Where are we going, by the way?" She asks once we were close to my car, "You'll see..." I answer her vaguely, making her punch me slightly on my arm. Both of us laughing a bit.

Truth be told, the whole high school group met again in a heart-warming reunion, now with Aphmau with me.

It was my group of friends, the Golden Daggers, and the Shadow Knights - apparently Sasha also went into a college, Zenix didn't but has been managing.

They were so happy for me that I was still able to be with Aphmau in the end, saying that my love story is a very successful one.

Out of the numerous reunions and hang-outs we had now that Aphmau is back, there's no denying the fact that someone probably told her who I really was already... but I didn't care, I'm just happy she's here.

It's true... I never told Aphmau who I really was, so there's no mistaking the fact that my friends probably told her already or her memory got triggered by something.

Aside from this, there was no denying the fact that my friends had also a great relationship with their significant others.