I don't believe in 'soulmates'

Simon x reader
~~~

I, Y/N L/N, personally do not believe in these things, people call "soulmates"

"Come on, babe" A girl whined as she clanged in to a lanky boy's arm. I rolled my eyes and continued to scroll through my twitter. "Later, babe" He said, kissing her forehead.

To me, it is only caused by our minds. Why do you even need one? When you can always do things on your own.

"Happy birthday, Y/N" I whispered, blowing the single candle in the cupcake, I baked myself. I smiled and looked over my dog, Si.

But, can we really do things without the company of someone else?

"Si!! Si!!" I called out, looking around for my dog. "Si!" "Yeah?" A lanky boy said, turning his head to me. "I'm sorry, I was looking for my dog." I politely said. He blushed and I laughed.

It, It feels different when you're with someone special

"And then, Vik came rushing towards him.." Simon said, using his hands to explain the story he was saying. I smiled at his actions. He just looked so cute.

I mean, when I'm with him, I feel wanted, I feel important

"Simon! You're doing it wrong!" I laughed as he puts blue icing on top of the cake, He looks at my and frowned. "Really?" He said, using his finger to grab an icing. Putting it in my nose, "Oh, it's on Minter"

I feel, I feel love. I feel loved. I love him, I love Simon.

"I love you" I blurted out. He laughed and kissed my nose, "Oh, I love you too"

But now, things had changed. Simon IS my soulmate. He knows that too.

"Will you marry me and make me the happiest man alive, N/N?" He said, kneeling with one leg. My tears pooled with tears and I nodded. Unable to say words.

Simon Minter, my forever and my soulmate.

"I love you" I said, as Simon kissed my forehead. "I love you too, Mrs. Minter" He said, tracing his fingers on my ring. The crowd cheered and we did our first dance. As newlyweds.