Silent

Simon x mute!reader

Simon's eyes landed on her as she entered the café. She had a notebook in her hand and she walked up the counter.

Simon noticed she was using her hands as she told the cashier, who understood, what she wanted.

Moments later, she sat a table away from Simon.

Simon's eyes never looked away as she scribbled on her notebook. He brought his coffee to his lips, blowing it lightly.

She gazed up and locked gazes with him. She smiled and waved softly, sending Simon's cheeks and ears to go red.

He waved back and looked at the coffee between his hands.

Y/n scribbled and doodled on her notebook, humming to herself some few songs.

"Excuse me, can I sit here?" A voice said. She looked up and smile, it was the boy across the table. She nodded and Simon sat in front of her.

"I'm Simon and you are?"

She didn't reply, instead she wrote on her notebook. Simon furrowed his eyebrows as she handed him the notebook.

Hi, Simon. I'm Y/n L/n, sorry if I'm writing on this notebook instead of talking.

Simon looked at her and tilted his head, "I know it's rude but... why?"

She gently took the notebook back and wrote down.

Well, you see I'm mute

Simon looked at her in awe. Who thought that a girl full of smiles and happiness had a flaw?

"O-oh, I'm sorry" he said, biting his lower lip. She smiled and wrote on her notebook again,

It's fine :)

-

"Mate, who's she?" Harry asked Simon as he entered the house with her.

It had been 2 months since Y/n and Simon met. There was no denying that the two had fallen for each other yet neither was scared to tell.

"Simon, are you gonna introduce us?" Josh said. Tobi offered her smile, which she returned.

"Boys, this is Y/n, Y/n this is Harry, JJ, Josh, Ethan, Tobi, and Vik"

"Hi, Y/n!"

"Bruv, she is your girlfriend?"

"Wow, you're like really pretty!"

"Why aren't you speaking? Did we scare you?" Vik said. She giggled and gestured for Simon to get her notebook in her SDMN bag.

"Mate? What are you doing?" Ethan asked as Simon handed her the notebook and pen.

She wrote down and showed it to the boys.

Hello, it's all lovely to meet you. I'm sorry, I'm not scared :) I'm just mute

There was silence in the room and Simon looked at the boys, who all had amused and awestruck faces.

"SHE'S SO COOL!" JJ shouted

-

After some time, she got closer to them and most specially to Simon. She also thought him sign language everytime they'd hang in Simon's room.

She was reading the book they all publsihed, The Sidemen Book, flipping through the pages while she sat on Simon' s bed.

Simon looked at her and gulped nervously, he tapped her leg and she looked at him.

He began to move his hands.

Y/n, i don't know if I'm making any sense to you but do you wanna go out?

Simon looked at her and she blushed, she moved her hands.

Of course, Si. I'd love to

Simon tilted his head, "umm, forgive me but I don't really-" she giggled and holds his hand, nodding.

"Yes?"

She nodded.

"Yes? Yes!? YES!" Simon shouted, tackling her in a hug. She laughed and hugged back.

The door opened, revealing JJ and Vik.

"Ha! You owe me 50 pounds, Jide!" Vik said, doing a little dance. JJ sighed and reached for his wallet.