Stitch me up (Jemma x reader)

Summary: Simmons is caring to your wounds when you two tell each other how you feel

After a mission gone wrong you found yourself lying on a bed in the infirmary, bloodied and bruised with an unhappy Jemma Simmons.

"Stitch me up Doctor Simmons," you jestered trying to lighten the mood.

Normally she would be laughing at your jokes but instead the room was filled with silence.

"What's wrong Jemma?"

"What's wrong? You could have died Y/N. That's what's wrong." She said sternly as she started putting in the stitches over a particularly nasty cut to your abdomen.

You looked up at the ceiling feeling guity, "I'm sorry Jem, I'll try not to be so reckless next time."

"Every time you leave on a mission I'm stuck here worrying about you hoping you come back alive," at this she started to get more emotional and teary eyed.

"I'm so sorry Jemma, I never realized how much you worried."

There was a moment of silence before she spoke again, "I'm always so afraid i won't have the chance to tell you I love you"

"You what?" you asked while trying to sit up.

When she realizes what she said her face gets flushed and turns around to leave out of embarrassment, but you grab her hand to stop her from leaving.

"Jemma, I love you too," you tell her.

"You do?" she says hopeful.

You smile at her, "I have for a long time, I just never thought you felt the same way."

At this she kissed you and it was so worth the wait.