X.04

I was out front, sitting on a chair reading a book while listening to some music. I was in desperate need of a break when it came to my mother. She was just so paranoid all the time but a huge part of it was all my fault.

I was the reason she was so overprotective.

It was because of how much I had changed.

I used to love dressing up, doing my makeup and letting my hair down and going all out even when we were just going to the store. I used to smile a lot too...but because of one person it all changed.

It was dangerous working so late at my age, I used to stay out late during photoshoots and often walk back home. I didn't really notice then that I had a stalker.

That stalker though, he knew everything about me. The time I woke up, ate breakfast what I ate for breakfast and what I didn't like...he just knew too much.

And I too little.

I sighed, slamming my book shut and pulling the earbuds from my ears. I hadn't noticed all the shouting then because I had been listening to X's music loud.

But now I could hear it clearly.

Footsteps padding down the street were getting closer followed by some shouting.

I pushed myself off the chair and headed down the lawn, standing on the sidewalk now starring down the direction of the house, the house where usually all the trouble stirs.

To my shock though, I see Jahseh being plummeted by three guys.

One of them was holding him up while two guys hit him hard on the face, stomach, and even kicked him on his side. I gasp at the scene I'm witnessing.

Not sure of what to do.

I rush for my phone about to dial 911 when I stop. By the time the cops come Jahseh will be the only person here and they'll most likely place the blame on him...

Shaking my head, I put the phone down.

I have to help him but I just don't know how.

That is until my eyes land on the bat sprawled across my neighbor's lawn. And then it clicks, without thinking twice about it I rush for the bat picking it up off the ground in one swing.

I used to play softball when I was in middle school I still remembered a thing or two. I just hoped it would pay off for me today.

I rushed into the scene without warning, swinging my bat at the guy who was kicking Jahseh. He hadn't seen me coming neither of them did so when I swung and hit him on his stomach he hit the ground so quick that the other two guys still hadn't noticed.

I swung again this time hitting the other guy who was punching Jahseh across the face. I made sure to strike him where it hurts and swung good, at least how my coach had taught me.

I wasn't one to always hit the ball when it had been my turn to bat but after today I don't think I was ever going to miss again. The last guy though was too quick and dropped Jahseh and came after me. He tried snatching the bat from my hands and I ended up kicking him a few times but that didn't seem to stop him at all.

I was thrown onto my back from how hard he pushed me. "You, stupid bitch!" He shouted at me.

I tried as quick as I could to get myself off the ground but the other guys were starting to get up off the floor too and now it was just me. I had no idea if Jahseh was okay or not, the way he looked on the ground now it just wasn't looking so good.

As I was staring at him to make sure he was okay something caught my eyes. I gasp, the tattoo under his left eye that said numb was the same tattoo X had...