X.33

I ran a hand down the cut on his upper brow, he winces in pain but avoids looking me in the eyes. "Does it hurt?" I ask.

He shakes his head, keeping a straight face. "Nah, they didn't even touch me."

I remove my hand from his face and instead place it back down to my lap. "You're always getting hurt because of me..." I trail off looking away.

This time I can feel him looking at me, moments tick by and the quietness that envelopes us makes me nervous. "I would do it again." His voice somehow is full of anger. "I'd fucken kill them if I could for trying or even thinking that they could touch you."

My eyes widen. "I won't let anyone hurt you, Flor, all you have to do is call for me and I'll go to where you are." And then he pulls me into his arms, holding me so close against him that it's difficult to breathe. "I wouldn't hesitate to do it again." He whispers against my ear. "I love you. You're my girl you know that, right?"

I nod my head against his chest and wrap my arms around him too. "I love you too," I whisper, pressing my ear to his chest I listen to the sound of his heart beating rapidly.

"Come on." He says. "I want to show you something." Pulling away from me he takes my hand and leads the way.

+++

He walks me towards somewhere near the beach but a more secluded area. "Hardly anyone knows this is here," X tells me as we enter a section that says No Trespassing.

"Are you sure we can be here?" I asked nervously.

He shrugs not answering my question and continues pacing ahead until he stops in his tracks. Blinded by the sunlight I raise a hand to shield my eyes and look at what X brought me all the way over here for.

Flowers, beautiful white carnations. A field of them just ahead, "Wow." I mumble.

With a smile on his face, he walks us towards the field, my hands running along each flower. "This is beautiful," I tell X.

Wrapping an arm around me he starts to sit on the ground and I follow suit. "You know those dreams I told you about?" He asks.

I nod. "I've wanted to take you here since then." He links our hands together.

"Well, I'm here now, with you," I add.

A small smile settles on his face and I see a blush on his cheeks. Turning his head he plants a small kiss on my lips laughing in between. X laid on his back and so did I but I turn onto my side and look at him. He has one arm behind his head and the other is resting over his stomach. A smile still on his face. He looks so handsome like this. It's easy to forget who he really is. What he really does for a living.

I was so absorbed into his world that I didn't notice a thing like that anymore, X had become someone special to me someone I wanted to be with for a very long time.

"Can I ask you something?"

His head falls to the side as he looks at me. The smile makes him look so young, so free. "Sure."

"Are you happy?" I pause. "Do I make you happy?"

"What do you ask?" he asks slowly, but the smile is still on his face.

"I just want to know." I make a pouting face.

He lets out a shaky sigh. "You're my world Flor."

I blush, he smirks at my reaction and I playfully smack him on the shoulder. He reaches for me pulling me against him, my head resting on his chest as he wraps an arm around my waist. He started to hum into the air and as I listened in to the sound of his voice I felt the warmth and purity of our love hold onto us.

Everything was so good, beyond great right now and we were so blinded by all of it...that we weren't able to see the storm headed our way.

But for now, as I held him I prayed that this happiness would give him millions of reasons to want to live. 

And someday somehow maybe one of those reasons could be me.