X.36

I still remember that day, the little things I experienced...the signs. They all tried to warn me. I always felt that on that day something about how everything was unfolding felt wrong. This hand that was leading me to an unknown place, the uneasiness of my heart, and how my mind drifted towards X. 

I always thought to myself if maybe just maybe I would have waited to listen to what Megan had left to say or when we reached the entrance of the fair when I bumped shoulders with Rocky who gave me a confused expression how I should have said something then. 

"Flor?" Rocky mutters. 

But my lips were shut instead I turned away and paced further away from them. This hand that was leading me now pushed me into the passenger seat of a car while he walked around and sat himself on the driver side. "We need to hurry." He urges. 

Stepping on the gas I buckle up, nodding my head I look ahead all the while I gather the courage to face my father. 

+++

Megan's POV

Something felt wrong. Megan could feel it in her heart that what Flor had told her and what she had seen where two different stories. What was even weirder about it was how that man that her mother had been meeting with was the one who was taking her. 

Wouldn't he know that her mother was here right now?

X was halfway through the song, Megan noticed how his eyes kept flickering to the empty seat. Flor's empty seat. 

Something wasn't adding up. 

Shaking her head, she rose from her seat and started to stalk off the direction X was at. Security blocked her way of course but she kept insisting it was an emergency making enough of a scene to catch the attention of someone she always saw X with. 

As the song reached its peak the guy whose name was Rocky looked at her, "What is it?" He asks. 

"I need to speak with X." She says. 

Rocky gives her a questioning look but he looks back over at the stage as X continues his song suddenly though his hand that had been holding the mic pulls at the beaded bracelet on his wrist. 

X in shock stares at the beads now scattered over the floor, "This bracelet will protect our bond, our love..." 

A chill runs down his spine as the songs ends. X is staring from his hand to the ground and the empty seat trying to comprehend what's happening. "Flor." He whispers. 

Just then X turns his head and Megan catches his eyes, he walked towards them immediately rushing at Megan. "Where's Flor?" He demands. 

Megan took a step back she wasn't prepared for the urgency and desperation in his voice and the anger in his eyes. "She..." Megan paused. 

"X you need to get back on stage." A girl approaches them. 

"Jessica fuck off." X snaps and turns his attention back to Megan. "Where is she?" He's holding Megan by the shoulders. 

Tears prickle her eyes. "I'm scared X. Some guy named Ben took her. She said her mom and dad were fighting but that's not true...because her mom is here...looking for her." 

His eyes widen, hands fall off her shoulders and the fear the creeps upon him is something she's never seen before. "Where did they go?" 

Megan shakes her head. "I don't know." 

"Fuck!" X turns around and kicks a speaker in, hands in his hair. 

"X, I saw her she was going into a white car that has a crashed bumper. It's a civic." Rocky tells him. "They were heading towards the beach by where we live."

And without another word X dashes out into the open air, running towards the one thing he's scared of losing the most. 

-tbc