Tom - She was gone

Tom's fingers gripped he steering wheel tightly. Rain thudded down loudly all around the car. The road was wet and slippery but the speed of the vehicle didn't falter once. As Tom drove, he couldn't stop his heart pounding. He couldn't prevent the nervous shudder that ran up his spine.

"I don't know why I even do this! Every single time something happens, you freak out!"

Thunder crashed and lightning split the sky in two. Tom's eyes were wide and alert. Bright lights flashed around him as he slammed on the breaks. Throwing his door wide open, he ignored the rain pouring down on him and sprinted along the wet pavement.

"You know what? Fine! This was all just a mistake anyway!"

Bright white light met his eyes. People all around him were talking but he didn't hear it. His focus was on one single thing.

"I knew it was going to turn out this way!" she cried, tears pouring down her face. "I knew, after what happened last time!"

"Where is she?"

The door slammed loudly.

He rushed trough the sterile hallways. She was here. She was in one of these rooms and it was all his fault.

All his fault.

When he got to the door, he stopped.

All because of him.

Her body was broken. Blood caked her face, her arms, her stomach everywhere. Her limbs were bruised, her eye's closed. Her once perfect face was now distorted by cuts and bruises. She was broken.

Thunder crashed. Rain poured down. The driver didn't see her coming.

Tom slowly sank to his knees beside her bed. His vision was blurred by tears, his whole body numb. He wanted to touch her, to hold her in his arms and never let go again. But he knew he coudln't because it would make her condition worse.

All she saw was a flash of light. All she heard was the screech of tires on wet tarmac.

He blamed himself. It was his fault that she was here. All his fault.

All she felt was a sudden jolt. And she was gone.

She was gone.

Short and not my usual kind of oneshot. Hope you guys like.