Peter - My idiot

Requested by anonymus. This was so much fun to write and I absolutely love this whole plot!!! Just saying

Glasses clinked softly, the sound of voices chatting providing a quiet background noise. You sat comfortably at the small table, a happy smile fixed on your face.

"I'm so happy we finally got to do this," you said to the boy who sat across from you. "You've been so busy over the past few weeks, I've barely gotten to see you."

Peter smiled at you, reaching across the table to grab your hand.
"I'm sorry. Everything's just been a little crazy lately."

You looked down at your intertwined fingers, gently running your thumb across the back of Peter's hand. "It's ok, you're here now and that all that matters."

There was silence between the two of you for a second before Peter's began to open his mouth. However, before he could say anything, his phone began to ring from inside his pocket.

He gave you an apologetic look after quickly glancing at the screen. "I'm sorry, (Y/N), it's May. Can I quickly take this?"

You nodded your head, ignoring the disappointment you felt.
"Sure."

Peter jumped to his feet, placing a quick kiss on your cheek. "I'll be back in a minute," he said before disappearing out the door of the restaurant.

You sat back in your seat, a long sigh escaping you. You loved Peter more than anything but you couldn't deny that he did always seem to ditch you. Sometimes he would provide an excuse, like today, but sometimes he would just disappear. And a although you knew that he wasn't doing it intentionally to hurt you (you hoped) it was hard to ignore the sting of neglect you felt every time he rushed off.

As the minutes stretched on and Peter still did not return, you began to grow agitated. What could be taking him so long?

Five ... ten ... twelve minutes passed. Finally, you had had enough. Getting to your feet, you grabbed your purse and headed towards the same door that Peter had exited through, almost fifteen minutes before.

Part of you was fuming as you pushed open the door and part of you was confused. Why would a phone call was May take so long? Was there some kind of emergency? Or was this just one of Peter's excuses to disappear again?

"Pete-" you started to say as the door swung shut behind you however the sight in front of you made you freeze in your tracks. Hurt began to well in inside you as well as an odd sense of betrayal and a strong desire to turn and run as far as you could in the opposite direction. To run away from the sight of your boyfriend locked in a passionate embrace with another girl.

You wanted to get away. You wanted to slap Peter. You wanted to scream. However, all you could actually do was let out a small squeak and clutch tightly to your purse to keep it from falling to the ground.

It was enough.

Peter and the girl broke apart and turned. Pure horror was all that registered on Peter's face while the girl smirked, her eye's glinting menacingly.

"(Y/N), I swear to you, it's not what it looks like," Peter said wildly, instantly pushed the other girl away. "She-"

"So this is what you do," you said to him, your voice trembling with all the raw emotion you were holding back, "this is what you do when you ditch me."

"No!" Peter said, his eyes darting frantically between the girl beside him and you. "No, that's not-"

"This is why you're always running off!" you exclaimed, cutting him off. You're voice had risen an octave or two but you didn't care. All you cared about was the fact that your boyfriend was standing in front of you, with another girl.