Peter - Letting go

I know its a day early but I'm going camping tomorrow on a 'family vacation',as my mother calls it, and there is going to be no WiFi. Oh joy.
So, as a parting gift, I leave you with this heartbreaking imagine. I was in a pretty sh*t mood when I wrote this and it defiantely reflected in my writing. Enjoy ! ;)

She knew she shouldn't have come. She knew that she had screwed up. But she couldn't pass up an opportunity to see him again.

She had tried to move on, tried to change her feelings towards him. She tried to forget everything that happened but it was impossible.

However, now that she was there, she knew coming had been a mistake.

As she stood in the crowded room, trying to have conversation with a friend, she couldn't help her eyes from wandering. Her gaze traveled over the faces of many people only to settle on his.

And her heart swelled with pain as she saw his arm wrapped around the waist of another. He wasn't smiling but she could see the light shining in his eyes. The happiness he felt. 

Sadly, she turned away from the sight to re-engage her previous conversation. She did not allow her eyes to stray again. It hurt to much to see him.

And across the room, Peter turned his head slightly to look at her. His heart pounded at the sight of her and he blinked once to free his eyes of the tears. She was happy without him. She had moved on.

Little did either know of the pain burning inside the other.

Please don't kill me