4.

September 4, 2018

Moni.

I was sitting at the table writing in my journal something I did often while sipping on some Janet Juice. Nah' I'm just playing, I was just sipping some some pink lemonade. It was the day after the funeral and I didn't really know how to feel. When we left the funeral I drove back to August's house and he didn't say not one word. I tried to talk to him but I didn't push too far you know because I get it. He wanted to be left alone, I mean, he did just bury his older brother. Plus, out of my fear of him, I'm cool on that. His mom asked of his intermediate family and friends to have dinner with her to talk about me--- I'm sure of, but not everyone was up for it.

"Cuddy you ain't got nothing planned for today? It's lunch time." Bandzey spoke.

I shook my head "No", as she came into the kitchen.

"Want me to go grab some Popeye's? I'll get 10 biscuits with all the honey in the world for you." She suggested smiling.

I peeked up at her, she has been trying to put me in a good mood since the whole scenes of Mel and the funeral happened. I appreciate her... I promise I do, but this is just something that will take time to cope from if it ever gets better. I'm not passing up no Popeye's though, most definitely not they fire ass biscuits they! Everybody says "Girl them things too dry." well, I'll still bang them anytime of the day, week, year, month you name it ya' heard me!

"Okay I guess." I finally responded.

"Girl don't front you know you wasn't gone pass up that offer. You'd be a fool if you did." She said humming.

I giggled slightly, Bandzey crazy.

"Nice to see yo' teeth bitch." Bandzey stated abruptly while mushing my head.

I flicked her off as she walked on towards the front door to go get us some food. I got up from the table and headed upstairs to my room. I got tired of sitting in that uncomfortable, wooden chair. After, putting my journal back in the box under my bed, I picked up my phone to check my notifications. I haven't been on my phone constantly at all, it's like a once in awhile type of thing nowadays. I have a whole bunch of notifications from Instagram ---people wanting to follow me mainly because my they have to request to do so, my page is private. A text message from my cousin popped up on my screen. She just left what could she possibly want already?

BriBands💕-Bitch you really want 10 biscuits?

Me - Minimize it to 6 😘

I continued checking my phone, I had an email from two owners of two different businesses. I clicked on the first one and it was a modeling agency telling me how they seen my Instagram profile and wanted me to do some work for them. Well, that may be true since I just went private. In addition to that, I never actually thought about modeling because that has never been my type of thing, but it never hurts to try something new right? I think so, I don't know... I responded and said "I'll think about it." and "I'll get back with them soon."

I clicked on the next email and this one happen to be a local shelter asking if I had time for a meeting about making a change and they left details on where and when the meeting was. I like the fact they are basically demanding, but asking for my help at the same time. That's my type of work...helping folks is in my nature rather I have myself together or not. I'll always look out for the next before myself, that's just the type of person I am. If you knew my personally you could vouch that, but for now just note it. I will absolutely slide through to this opportunity rather than the modeling agency.

I slipped my phone into my pocket and went out to the front of the house to check the mailbox to see if any mail has came for Bandzey or I. We hardly ever check the mailbox and if we do you have to count on me to do it because Bandzey is lazy as hell when it comes to simple shit like that. We had a pretty decent amount of mail and I took it inside before I started to roam through it. I sorted out everything that belong to Bandzey out of my pile of mail. I noticed that all of my mail was titled to the colleges I have applied for. I didn't expect to get an answer back from any of them so soon. The first one I opened was from Louisiana State University (LSU) and I began read thoroughly through the letter just for them to tell me in the end... I'm accepted! I kind of figured I would be considering the fact I am a scholar who hasn't been in trouble for much, but I was still sort of uncertain. This is news to me though, so you know happy is the word to define me with while I have this inch by inch smile attached to my face. I continued opening more mail of mine until I got to another college letter.