49

C//49 , "What's The Plan"
May 21 , 2017 @9:23am

Moni

The last thing on my list to do was apply my lip gloss and I would be on my way out the door to my last class. Turns out I've been on my A-game , so I get to be done with my classes early. Yes , that certification is just a hand away. It is also definite to me, so I'm excited about that. I made sure there wasn't any lip gloss anywjere under , over , or on the side of my lips ; perfect. I viewed myself in my mirror. I was looking good today.

"Before you leave , I want to talk"

I heard August's groggy voice speak out to me. He came in late yet another night and we haven't really had any type of communication. I was beginning to accept it for what it was. Seth told me he would come around when he felt the need too. I'm glad he is willing to talk today, and luckily I got extra time on my watch.

So I responded...

"Okay babe"

I walked out the bathroom. I went in the kitchen to get the plate I had made for him. I had cooked this morning, but I didn't know if he would he up. I warmed it back up a little bit. The plate had an omelette , french toast , and fresh fruit. I took the plate in there and that's when I seen August coming from the bathroom. He was most likely just washing and brushing his teeth.

"That's for me ma?"

"Yes it is"

He looked astonished... I'm not going to be some type of evil person because you don't want to talk to me. That's just not how things work , even though I can be. I handed him over the plate and he sat down on the bed and I sat down right in front of him. He prayed over his food and he took a bite.

"I love it ma, thanks"

"No problem baby"

He looked at me again. He so damn fine , but I really want to know what he wants to talk about. I been wanting them words to come out his mouth since the day he started acting weird and can I say fake?

"August you said you'd like to talk..."

He chewed the remaining of his food that he had just took a bite of off his fork. He nodded his head signaling he did.

"Moni I just want to say sorry... Sorry for acting phony to you. Sorry for treating you any less then how much you mean to me because you didn't do anything wrong..."

I didn't? Shit you sho'll had me thinking otherwise.

"Sorry Moni for not giving you the time of day and just being put all day... And No I wasn't out cheating or getting anymore wack ass head... I was just going to the hotel I had checked out of last night. I really needed to clear my head. I'm fine honestly. I just want to move forward , I love you"

"August I forgive you okay? Next time you got whatever it is going on in yo big ass light bulb head , I'm gone need you to tell me. Tell someone if it can't be me , because just leaving and not saying anything to me had me worried and asking so many questions. It was bothering me Aug , so don't do that shit again okay?"

"I got you Moni..."

I took his hand in mine...

"I got you too baby"

He smiled and I mirrored his smile.

"You okay really , are you okay?"

"Moni , I got good news."

"Good news?"

My ears perked up at the sound of that. Even though he skipped over my question, he's actually engaging in conversation with me so it would do.

"Yeah do you have to leave right now?"

I looked over at our clock on the wall. I'm straight.

"Nah I got time to spare. Tell me! Tell me!"

He smiled. His smile was so beautiful man.

"I got a offer ..."

"What type of offer!"

He chuckled.

"Hold on baybeh just listen okay?"

I nodded. I was eager to know shit.

"A offer , well a deal. A record deal , with Def Jam Recordings"

"For real!? You took my advice Aug?"

"I took you advice mama"

"Awnn , what happen? How you know you have a deal Aug?"

"I had a meeting yesterday and he came all the way down here to meet me personally with Russ, he told me I'm guarantee at least one album if not more, and some other good stuff. He really wanted me on his label seemed like. He was telling me how he seen my song on YouTube and he just knew from there that he needed me. Although, he said he got to shape me in to a little bit more , but ain't nobody gone Rob me out of my honesty if that's what he mean ya' heard me."

I was just cheesing so hard. I moved the plate on the nightstand and jumped on August. I attacked him with a whole bunch of kissing. He was just laughing.

"Baybeh you squishing me"

"August! I'm so proud of you! To say your only 18 doing big things! Oh! I feel like a mom"

"Your silly baybeh , thank you for helping me out and supporting me"

"You know I'm here , but you did this. This is your talent baby , so what's next?"

"Well... They want me to record some songs. Uh , their head courters are in New York Moni"

"New York?"

Damn... I ain't letting him slip away again. I just got him back!

"Well... I guess we moving to New York!"

"Damn for real Moni?"

"Yes fool , when we going?"

"I have to call , thanks baybeh. You made shit way more easier , I didn't want to be apart from yo ugly ass again"

"Fuck you , and plus I get to he down there with my cousin. Oh! It's lit! I'm going to call her after work , or class one of the two"

"So you leaving?"

"Yes , I love you . Give me a kiss"

He leaned in and kissed my lips three times. I got up satisfied with life at the moment. He smacked my ass before I walked out the room. I grabbed my keys, purse, phone and my wristlet. I was out and my mood was better than better. Couldn't nobody tell me shit.

_________________

Part two...