26.

November 10, 2018

Ron.

The funeral for Trell was about to start soon. Unfortunately, Boog couldn't make it due to her mom being sick in St. Louis. We were waiting around to see if the courts really kept their word and would let August come out to the funeral. We agreed to only give it about ten more minutes.

People came out to show love from the hood. I fuck with it heavy, but when people start claiming they're family and shit hell nah I'm not going for none of that. I was giving everybody a piece of my mind before the service started. You don't see they ass claiming shit but a cuss out now. It's only Bonnie, Teke, and their daughter who all came with them. Then it's Bandzey, Moni, Sneak, and I. It's this girl name Ciya. Turns out Bandzey and her met already at the club and Trell is Ciya cousin. Ciya hasn't seen Trell since he moved to the Nola with his grandma though.

Trell's granny actually did die. I can't see why he never told us, but you never know with Trell...he was so private.

All of the sudden I seen a whole bunch of police cars surrounding the area where we were currently standing. Off first instinct I was about to run and the twins were too, but I seen the police grabbing August out of the car. He noticed us and nodded his head our way. In other words trying to say "wassam with it." They even let him change out his prison fit to the clothes we gave his lawyer. He looked different---his hair grew some more, he had big bags under his eyes, and if possible... he got a bit skinnier. Moni didn't even see him yet. Matter fact, I didn't even see her. We couldn't just go up to him and greet him on some normal shit. He had about five different police officers surrounding him while he was still in cuffs. It was fucking me up seeing my dawg like this.

"Oh my gosh!" Someone gasped out loud.

I twisted around to see Moni fanning tears while she directed her attention to where August stood due to the police officers not allowing him to sit down. The way they were looking at each other was like they were lowkey having a conversation, lowkey fucking, lowkey right in front of another hugging each other tightly even when they weren't.

August seemed as if he just wanted to break free of them handcuffs and come dap his niggas up and give Moni that hug she yearned for...we all knew he couldn't though. It would only make matters worse.

"When did he get here Ron?" She asked now in front of me sniffling.

"Moni sis, stop crying for me please? He just got here." I answered while pulling her into my embrace.

"We can't hug or talk to him, can we?" She questioned sadly already knowing the answer. I didn't bother to respond. It was time for the funeral.

"Moni go find Bandzey and sit down with her the funeral is about to start sis." I said kissing her forehead while rubbing her shoulder.

She sniffed up the snot that was about to come trickling down and she wiped her tears gently because she wasn't trying to mess up her makeup. She walked away first then I did next, but instead I walked towards the pulpit of the church.

I'll be the main speaker for my bro and it's just crazy how I even got to do this. He not supposed to be dead man, not this early. He was only 20 years old, I vowed to him and myself last night before I attempted to get some sleep that after this funeral this would be the last fucking day I cry over his death. I know Trell wouldn't want that shit. In his voice he would probably say "Get high Ron, Fuck a bitch or something." I picture all the shit he would tell me and everybody else to do expect fucking cry, so that's what it is. I can't get high because of probation or fuck a bitch because of Bandzey, but there are other alternatives...I ain't with the crying shit no more.